PDA

View Full Version : AllStar: Too fragile for Mag?

HyperSnyper
02-28-2002, 06:31 AM
I want to get a case of AllStar, last weekend, I flanked a dude and fired a 6 round string at him. First 3 hit the bunker, the other 3 hit his gut and bounced off. WTF? This was at about 50 ft, and only 3 month old Premiums.

I want to use AllStars to insure my breaks, but my shop highly recommends against it since they said the new shell is too fragile for my Mag. Im not sure if I believe him, but I will try none the less. I have shot Marbs and Slam out my gun with NP's. Why would AllStars present a problem?

Let me know guys. Also, are premiums considered "hard" paint? Or was it just stored it incorectly. Like I said, 3 month old paint. My friend kept it in an empty Snuggle Soft container (cleaned out of course). He kept it in the closet the whole time, not warm or hot in there at all. hmmm...

-Hyper

Load SM5
02-28-2002, 06:36 AM
All-Stars is my current favorite paint. They shoot fine out of my and every other mag on my field. I rarely ever get a break in the gun.

HyperSnyper
02-28-2002, 07:12 AM
what is the most fragile paint?

I heard diablo is pretty soft. I should start a poll, what is the softest paint?

Can you guys make a listing of what you beleive the most fragile paint is?

e.g.

1) All Star
2) Hellfire

10) BigBall

etc.

Thx in advance guys.

-Hyper

slateman
02-28-2002, 07:52 AM
All Diablo paint is fragile. It is probably the most fragile of all paint.

As for All-Star, I've used two cases and was very happy with the results. Just one chop and it was my fault (tillted the gun to far to the left). The only problem I have is that it's like $65 a case.

ShinyGuy
03-01-2002, 08:46 PM
For some reason I can't shoot all-stars. My girlfriend shoots it in her mag just fine but I break the stuff left and right. I'd say try it and if it doesn't work for you try something else.

wimag
03-01-2002, 08:53 PM
Allstar is the way to go for me. Shoots like darts and rarely a break, great stuff.

LaW
03-01-2002, 09:06 PM
I love allstar, I also have never had problems with hellfire. There's no such thing as too fragile for my mag, my emag will shoot anything

Tim Jacobitz
03-01-2002, 10:19 PM
allstar is all i shoot. I once dyed my hais to look like an allstar paintball. By the way I shoot a mag

Cardinal_Biggles
03-01-2002, 10:45 PM
You may know this already, but try the drop test. Directions for that are in the tech tip section of the main page. See for yourself how soft the paint is...

liigod
03-01-2002, 10:47 PM
CHOP CHOP CHOP HCOP. Allstars like to chop. In mags more than anything else really.

Bwaites
03-01-2002, 11:16 PM
Slam and Allstar as well as marbs all have the new advantage shell. I've gone through 2 cases without a single break!

Bill

wimag
03-01-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by liigod
CHOP CHOP CHOP HCOP. Allstars like to chop. In mags more than anything else really.

I dont believe you. Do you have any substantial data to back this up?? or is this just from personal experience?
I have been through half a dozen cases of all star and I had less than a dozen breaks, not CHOPS but barrel breaks.
CHOPS occur from short stroking the trigger, how can a paintball be held accountable from the user fouling up?

Bob Mundon
03-02-2002, 01:24 AM
also bigball worked perfectly through my firends minimag and was super accurate. plus im pretty sure its cheap

liigod
03-02-2002, 08:48 PM
i have used all stars in a mag... and they choped like a mofo.

wimag
03-02-2002, 09:16 PM
then learn how to use the trigger. not the paints fault you short stroke like a mofo

Jonno06
03-02-2002, 09:20 PM
I think severe paint is the best,it is super fragile,but wont break in the gun for some reason,always on the target,it breaks on one drop,but it wont break in ur barrel,its cool

2UnREal
03-02-2002, 11:14 PM
I prefer premium and Marbs(If I can afford it)