PDA

View Full Version : SFL versus Extreme...?

DBDmike
02-28-2002, 08:30 AM
Well, it was bound to happen. Last season I got a nifty Emag/Warp/HALO rig to out-do my buddie's very nice AutoMag, so he feels obliged to one-up me with an Extreme so he can be the Big Dog again. (yeah, like THATS gonna stand for long...). But what it does for now is send me to the blackboard for info, and that's where I hope y'all can help. My key questions:

1. Can anybody post a photo of a "raw" SFL in it's pre-machined condition? How much aluminum is there on the original block?

2. Has the TrapDoor feed / ACE combo seen in the AO Prototype page made it from proto-land to production?

3. Is the above already shipping with the screw-in barrels as opposed to the traditional AGD half-twist barrels?

Thanks gang, your answers are going towards a worthy cause (hey, if I can't be obnoxiously smug I sure can't let my best friend have the edge on me! This isn't just war... this is paintball!)

Appreciate any help, advice, photos or data!
Mike

Team: Dead By Dawn

manike
02-28-2002, 09:06 AM
1) The raw SFL is an Extreme... there are plenty of photo's of extremes around here. The only milling done to the breech block is the SFL logo otherwise it is the same as a normal extreme I believe.

2) The prototype trapdoor system has not reached production yet. The ACE has.

3) All SFL's and all Extreme's are already cocker threads and not the twist lock system of conventional 'mags.

manike

DBDmike
02-28-2002, 09:11 AM
I musta caught a bad piece of data on the milling somewhere, I thought that the unmilled SFL was more of a "larger blank of aluminum" in terms of external dimensions (ostensibly to allow the custom 'smiths to have greater flexibility in carving and hacking). Thanks for setting me straight!

Mike

manike
02-28-2002, 09:13 AM
No problem :) At the moment all Custom Extremes start from the standard Extreme base.

There is some hope for a larger blank to work from in the future but that is not available yet.

manike

DBDmike
02-28-2002, 09:26 AM
With all of the hot new features and technologies just out or just around the corner, is there a one-stop resource to find out everything that comes on a standard extreme package? I looked all over the AGD website but the Products section does not provide any differentiation or breakdown like they do with the stock Emag. When I ordered my current Emag online it appeared that the reseller could add little to what I had already garnered on the subject. Is there a product PDF or a good promo / point-of-sale website that simply gives the whole "new car preview" type of overview on the Extreme?

manike
02-28-2002, 09:29 AM
Have you tried the AGD Europe website that is linked from the main AGD website? That may help you a little more.

If not E-mailing AGDE may get you the extra answers you require. :)

manike

DBDmike
02-28-2002, 09:35 AM
... and it was just that easy! The Airgun Europe site has a whole section on the extreme... looks like everything I need in one package! Many thanks amigo!

(Now to plot the next stage in the never-ending battle of besting one's buddies in the Cool Toy department!!)

U da man!

Mike

DBDmike
02-28-2002, 10:02 AM
All right, most questions answered but a new one pops up. While the trapdoor feed is technically not available, it looks to me like the Extreme warpfeed version, if it has ACE as a standard feature, does everything the TD is supposed to do (at least in terms of avoiding visual obstruction looking down the top of the receiver - see photo). Is there an additional benefit proposed from the Gen-II Trapdoor?

headcase
02-28-2002, 12:35 PM
Well the biggest added advantage is the fact that the breech is removable, and replaceable with diffrent feed styles(warp left, warp right, and vert)

Also when the Extremes are released in the US the ACE will be standard

mac2k4
02-28-2002, 04:05 PM
supposedly was is the benifit of the trap door systme? it was on the Epic ICE gun but that sucked and no one even bought it. I suggest AGD try to point out that the epic was a fialure, but had potential that yall took all the way, that way people won't be like, oh man its lkike that pos epic.