PDA

View Full Version : Sum of All Fears

slateman
02-28-2002, 09:11 AM
So I'm watching Entertainment Tonight ( or Access Hollywood, can't kepp em straight) and they say they're going to make the Tom Clancy novel Sum of All Fears a movie.

Well there's good news, bad news, and ugly news.

The good news is that they are going to make it a movie.

The bad news is that the've cut up the book, and based on the clip I saw, they've cut it up quite a bit. But wait it gets better.....

The ugly news is that Jack Ryan will be played by, not Alec Baldwin, not Harrison Ford, but by....BEN AFFLACK!?!?!?!!!!!

Snewk
02-28-2002, 09:16 AM
oh man, i havent read that book but from clear and present danger and hunt for red october jack ryan is supposed to be somewhat older right? most book to movie ports are pretty lame too, hollywood usally massacres it beyond recognition, remember jurassic park?

personman
02-28-2002, 10:30 AM
[insert aflac duck here]
Aflac!

Zumina
02-28-2002, 08:04 PM
man, I hate Ben Aflac, but harrison and baldwin are a little too old by hollywood standards. However, didn't Arnie just star in an action film, and isn't he 52?.....oh well.

Navy Seal
02-28-2002, 08:39 PM
Whos gonna be Ding Chavez? If its Matt Damon, im gonna kill someone! And if John Clark is Ed Harris, thats ok. 'd just hate to see a John Clark in Rainbow Six if Ed Harris was in Sum Of All Fears, lol, he'd be like 85! lol. And Aflak!! WILL PARISH!!!!!!

ThePatriot
03-01-2002, 12:00 AM
*in a mango voice(SNL ppl know what i speak of)*

BEN WHOOFLEK???

xmetal2001
03-01-2002, 09:26 PM
isn't that the one with terrorists nuking salt lake city.

:rolleyes: Why would they pick that one in current times?:confused:

Psycho_Pigeon
03-01-2002, 09:31 PM
aflack.. is he the guy who played the main role in Pearl Harbor.. not that Josh guy.. but the other one.. his friend.. :confused:

Zumina
03-01-2002, 11:07 PM
[In Pearl Harbor] he's the guy that ends up marrying the chick.

slateman
03-02-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by xmetal2001

Actually its Denver, and the terrorists set it off at the Super Bowl. I guess they picked that one because it was next in line after "Clear and Present Danger"

personman
03-02-2002, 09:58 AM
I really liked patriot games and rainbow six. They should do those first.. I suppose it would be R rated or somthing.. count me out.

slateman
03-04-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by personman
I really liked patriot games and rainbow six. They should do those first.. I suppose it would be R rated or somthing.. count me out.

Patriot Games was already turned into movie. And if they are gonna go in the correct order, they have to do two other books before they can get to Rainbow Six. (Although they skipped The Cardinal in the Kremlin, so who knows:D )

Wang
03-04-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by xmetal2001

lol, if they had really bad taste they'd do debt of honor, I'm pretty sure a terrorist crashes a plane into the capitol building on that one.

Hysperion
03-04-2002, 07:20 PM
bad taste? what is so bad taste about it? the book was out before the terrorist attack on wtc anyways.....it was a good book and probably will be a movie someday...i'm sorry if that offends wtc victims but its not like we can censor everything that someone finds offensive...

-§on-
03-05-2002, 01:40 PM
I saw that preview when I went and Saw We were Soldiers. The movie doesn't look that bad, but it's kinda a heads up thing. The terrorists set off the nuke at the super bowl and then the US blames it on the Russains and then all hell breaks loose. Looks INSANE.