PDA

View Full Version : EMAG Hall Harness issues

Reactiveraccoon
12-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Two mags work just fine when the harness is not plugged in, but as soon as I plug it in one board turns off right away and the other board fires once then turns off. One emag worked just fine prior to switching the harnesses between the guns. Any suggestions as to what it could be?

I am not sure it is as simple as a new hall harness as the one that was working prior to me trying to put it on the non working harness gun is now a not working.

Any help would be appreciated!

Beemer
12-03-2016, 06:52 PM
What board is it?

BigEvil
12-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Trigger magnet is too close. Back it off.

maniacmechanic
12-03-2016, 08:53 PM
trigger magnet is too close. Back it off.

yep yep

Beemer
12-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Trigger magnet is too close. Back it off.

Why would that turn off the board?:confused:

Reactiveraccoon
12-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Tried to back off the magnet with no luck. I believe both emags have stock boards. One has 3.2 software and that other has 1.8 software. If I unplug the hall harness the board lights up and I can move through the settings. When I plug it in the board won't light up. It should tell me what software I have as soon as I put power to it and it doesn't say anything until I unplug the hall harness and put power back to it. Not sure what is wrong. I have the same problem with both emags so I'm puzzled.

Nobody
12-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Check the ground screw. Make sure that it has good, clean contract with the frame.

maniacmechanic
12-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Why would that turn off the board?:confused:

If the magnet starts out too close the sensor it won't let it power up , a magnet thats backwards make it do weird stuff too

Reactiveraccoon
12-04-2016, 12:36 AM
Thanks guys. I got them working. The magnet was too close and wouldn't let the gun fire. I'm new to emags but I'm learning fast.

BigEvil
12-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Another satisfied customer

p8ntbal4me
12-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Zondo had the same issue at Tunaball two years ago with my board

1 - open the HES "clamshell"
2 - cut a thin small piece of paper and fold it over a few times
3 - wedge the paper in between the metal of the frame and the face of the sensor to push the sensor away from the frame and towards the rear of the gun
4 - assemble your HES "clamshell"

You HES WILL MOVE AROUND. Its not solid in that plastic piece.