PDA

View Full Version : Solved Is this an ULT leak?

ideinit
04-04-2017, 03:12 AM
hi all,

I have a XValve, LV 10, ULT mag that's been working flawlessly for years.

It took a hit right next to the ULT in a recent game, so I took out the XValve, pulled out the ULT to clean out all the paint that has seeped in. After lubing and reassembling, it started getting a leak down the barrel. At first I thought it was a carrier leak, but pushing on the bolt did not change the sound and going one carrier size down did not help either. Then I noticed that I still get a leak, albeit quieter, after firing and holding the trigger.

Is this indicative of an ULT leak? And if so, should I go ahead and swap out one o-ring at a time on the ULT until the leak stops?

Thanks a bunch!

Edit, 04/04: In comment #4 I have identified the leak did not in fact come from the ULT. Closing this thread and opening another one more specific to the problem.

Tunaman
04-04-2017, 03:59 AM
hi all,

I have a XValve, LV 10, ULT mag that's been working flawlessly for years.

It took a hit right next to the ULT in a recent game, so I took out the XValve, pulled out the ULT to clean out all the paint that has seeped in. After lubing and reassembling, it started getting a leak down the barrel. At first I thought it was a carrier leak, but pushing on the bolt did not change the sound and going one carrier size down did not help either. Then I noticed that I still get a leak, albeit quieter, after firing and holding the trigger.

Is this indicative of an ULT leak? And if so, should I go ahead and swap out one o-ring at a time on the ULT until the leak stops?

Thanks a bunch!If it has been years, then yes...you should change the orings in the ULT.

ideinit
04-05-2017, 01:12 AM
If it has been years, then yes...you should change the orings in the ULT.

Unfortunately swapping out all the orings on the ULT did not fix the leak. In fact, I swap in another on/off and the leak persisted. So I now know that the leak is caused by another component.

Laku
04-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Does holding the trigger back stop the bleed?

ideinit
04-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Does holding the trigger back stop the bleed?

Yes, the leak become quieter, but it's still there