PDA

View Full Version : Alrighty...

Butterfingers
02-28-2002, 08:50 PM
I got 5 feet of this 32 degrees macroline and 1 foot of parker paraflex that I traded my roomate for cause he wanted red...

I know, I got the better end of the deal.

The problem... The parker is yellow and does not blend well with the karma of my mag.

Problem 2 I do not wish to kill myself using the 32 degrees line. Does anybody know the working pressure of this stuff? I can say its about as thick as the parker but alot stiffer and not rubbery.

Problem 3 The fittings say made in UK on them does anybody know the Working Pressure of this?

The upside I got 5 feet of the 32 degrees stuff in varous colors so that give me 5 chances to screw up and attempt to kill myself!

The downside I only have 1 foot of the parker paraflex and it yellow eww...

nutz
02-28-2002, 09:10 PM
lol interesting............

trade the parker with someone for a different color parker line! :D

Butterfingers
02-28-2002, 10:11 PM
I know im bored... Personally I really genuinely don't care all THAT much.

But I got 5 feet of this stuff and im curious to know what the op pressure is.

I wish all my problems were this trivial :)

Army
02-28-2002, 10:12 PM
The threads are standard, but you'll need a metric wrench for the fittings (or a crescent wrench, but that isn't as good as a proper fitting tool).

Butterfingers
02-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Yeah I got the 11mm "spanner" in my toolkit... :)

When you convert to metric tools might as well use the proper name :) One day im gonna go to GB and ask for a 1/2 in wrench and a "stogue" and watch the reaction.

I also find it mildly amusing that the english dont use the english system anymore and we still do.

tremis
02-28-2002, 10:58 PM
spanner...sheesh. to misquote an excellent movie: "You people invented the language, how come nobody there speaks it"

Tremis

BlackVCG
02-28-2002, 11:07 PM
Just get some shrink tubing in black or whatever color you want to change the yellow hose to and put that over the hose.

magmonkey
03-01-2002, 07:51 AM
the metric system is the tool of the devil

manike
03-01-2002, 08:31 AM
Butterfingers most people at tool stores would know what you are talking about. We used to be imperial remember and we get a lot of foreign tools here so people are familiar with the names and terms... We don't get all the cool tools you guys do though so that's why my eye's gleam when I see the AGD tech guys with new kit :)

Originally posted by magmonkey
the metric system is the tool of the devil

:) And you would be amazed at how many design houses and places in the USA also use the metric system...

manike

Butterfingers
03-01-2002, 10:58 AM
I actually prefer the metric system, it makes things so much easier. Standard SI units in multiples of ten are easier to remember and apply with physycal concepts than the english system.

magmonkey
03-01-2002, 05:06 PM
sorry the above is kind of the inside joke at the machine shop I was working at because one shop that we did work for would send us work with both metric and standard measurments on the same print and this sometimes made my life a little interesting.
gliney the original magmonkey