PDA

View Full Version : does this look ok?

smallerfreeze
05-19-2017, 03:15 PM
just wanted to post this and see if anyone can see a reason not to buy this with the 4 hole mod etc. Thank you for ur time http://www.ebay.com/itm/AGD-Automag-Minimag-Complete-4-Hole-Mod-New-Spring-And-Nut-Matching-/332223688965?hash=item4d5a133105:g:1wkAAOSwR29ZG1h K

captian pinky
05-19-2017, 03:17 PM
That is like double the current price. ill shoot you a pm when i get home.

Tunaman
05-19-2017, 03:48 PM
just wanted to post this and see if anyone can see a reason not to buy this with the 4 hole mod etc. Thank you for ur time http://www.ebay.com/itm/AGD-Automag-Minimag-Complete-4-Hole-Mod-New-Spring-And-Nut-Matching-/332223688965?hash=item4d5a133105:g:1wkAAOSwR29ZG1h K

I'll give you a new one for that price...

smallerfreeze
05-19-2017, 04:10 PM
I'll give you a new one for that price...

within the next month or so im gonna buy an x-valve from ur store Mr. Mart, this is really just a sentimental endeavor trying to get the lowest working matching minimag valve

Tunaman
05-19-2017, 04:28 PM
within the next month or so im gonna buy an x-valve from ur store Mr. Mart, this is really just a sentimental endeavor trying to get the lowest working matching minimag valve

Lowest serial number?

smallerfreeze
05-19-2017, 08:43 PM
yes that is correct, i meant to say lowest matching S/N

Menace_AO
05-20-2017, 02:20 PM
OP,

The low serial search can drive you bonkers if you let it, and then what? It's just a number. And if it isn't on an all-original marker, well . . ..

The main thing is the quality of the valve. The seller you've indicated has a long track record of selling beat-up mag stuff (for whatever reason, as they are a coin dealer) at outrageously high prices.

An excellent condition classic valve with level 7 bolt could reasonably fetch $50 at the high end. This appears to be in decent condition, but it isn't dazzling, and the serial isn't low by any means.

As for the four-hole mod (or any number of mods not done by the factory), it was a fad, held over from a misunderstanding relating to the factory updates of the really old valves (which had smaller, misaligned air passages), and won't change the performance one bit.

bowcycle
05-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Listen to Menace.

If the serial isn't sub 1000's, it's not really that low. If you want guaranteed first year of production, you need to be sub 500's.
I went on an early mag hunt with my classic 000186 valve. It was in the original marker and that set me on the hunt for a complete lvl5. That turned out to be a snipe hunt. So I learned a lesson: find a good marker and enjoy it. The truly special valves and markers, the ones that are special enough to have real significance, are already in a collection somewhere or sitting in some baller's gearbag from the 1980's and will end up in their estate sale and probably not even see the light of ebay.

Everything else has had so many factory upgrades done to it to render it only as special as every other mag (which is still pretty special).

smallerfreeze
05-22-2017, 07:10 AM
thanks for the feedback Menace and Bowcycle