PDA

View Full Version : Something everybody should read!!!

hubadlatimmy
02-28-2002, 10:00 PM
Everybody here should read this, it was written for paintball games international and is very very good.

http://www.p8ntballer.com/classroomcontents/t28022002.shtml

Restola
02-28-2002, 11:12 PM
i didnt read it.

:)

virus
02-28-2002, 11:55 PM
i would have to agreee with that article... for this sport to grow even more and be more refined, this has a great posibility of helpin us along that path....

granted those of us that are strictly rec ballers may never need to or use set plays.. these things have a way of tricklein down over time.... look at football and bastketball after everyone watchin these games over the years those that follow the sport came usally tell you the name of most plays as they happen and can even describe them.... then when playin said game these plays seem to get incorparated into our backyard games with our friends and if we find 1 or 2 that work for us we keep using them until after a while they are now 2nd nature and then keep tring and adding more....

if the top teams in paintball do start doing this and we can indentify them the after seeing them we ourselves will start...

but as the article stated this process would take a while before its true efftects are revealed

cphilip
03-01-2002, 12:21 PM
My favorite two parts:

1) "What pisses me off is the time we all spend thinking and bsing (edited) about how to tweak our gun or polish our barrel and so on. Hardware seems to rule the roost for a lot of people, but this game of ours is mostly what you do as a player and team, not what you got in your freakin' hands. Look at all the bulletin boards straddling the internet; they are festooned with questions about hardware, this gun, that gun, this barrel, that barrel and so on, and yet we should all know this game is about playing."

2)"...Anybody out there got the three Bs - balls, brains and bucks? If so, the world of Paintball awaits!"

Love it. Nice article.

gimp
03-02-2002, 12:46 AM
That was an interesting article. It has some very interesting points. READ IT!!!