PDA

View Full Version : Can you use ult on a emag?

cougar20th
07-05-2017, 11:33 AM
As the title says. Can a ULT be used on a emag or does it have to be a emag on/off?

TwilightG
07-05-2017, 12:45 PM
I don't *think* so.

Although, I did use it once on an Emag which I believe had a slowly-dying solenoid and it worked fine. In this particular case, I could only get my Emag to work w/ the ULT.

I suspect that the ULT does not have enough force to reset a properly working solenoid which is why you need the Emag specific on/off (or shortened RT)

BigEvil
07-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Not really. It doesn't have the strength to reset the noid reliably. Some people have used it as a temp fix for guns with weak batteries or noids.

athomas
07-14-2017, 03:43 PM
It will sort of work. It may work when everything is clean and working perfect. As soon as some gunk gets in there and slows things down or causes a bit of extra force against the return action, then it will be problematic. It will also slow the reset. The top speed of an emag using general tuning parameters is generally about 20bps, which is about 6bps less than the same setup running in a retro mag. You can squeeze more out with the right air pressures and smoother operating action and some tinkering. If you put a ULT in an emag, your bps will drop off considerably even before things get dirty.

Tunaman
07-15-2017, 12:42 AM
It wont work. ULT pin is way too long for an emag.

athomas
07-15-2017, 08:30 PM
^^^Yeah. I was so focused on the inertia properties, I forgot about the pin length issues.