PDA

View Full Version : Classic RT Leak

Apathetic_Chaos
07-29-2017, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, I just recently bought my first mag in 15 + years, a Classic RT for a decent price from eBay, and it has a massive leak coming out the back of the valve set up. After doing my research I can to the conclusion that is was probably the piston in the reg. I replaced the piston and the leak is still there, so I took the ne,t logical step and replaced every o-ring I found. It still leaks. In my latest breakdown I popped the c clamp off my valve pin and ordered a new one, hoping that the weak c clap was causing the problem. Still no luck. I have been in talks with Sandman who has guided me through some trouble shooting, but I am prepping to send it in to have him repair it. Before I do, has anyone had experience with this issue? Any last minute recommendations to see if I can avoid spending anymore money to get the mag running and save to pneumag it? Please let me know what you can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

rawbutter
07-29-2017, 10:11 AM
Leaking out the back is usually a velocity related issue. If you haven't done so already, try turning the velocity down until the marker doesn't fire. Then gradually increase until it fires consistently.

Also, clean the regulator spring pack. (Clean the whole inside of the regulator while you're at it.) If it's dirty, it could cause velocity spikes, and leaks.

If that doesn't work....I don't know. Are you sure you're not missing any pieces or o-rings? Are you sure you replaced the piston with the right part? There are a few different reg pistons. If you put a classic piston in an RT, that will cause problems.

Good luck!

Apathetic_Chaos
07-29-2017, 10:34 AM
Leaking out the back is usually a velocity related issue. If you haven't done so already, try turning the velocity down until the marker doesn't fire. Then gradually increase until it fires consistently.

Also, clean the regulator spring pack. (Clean the whole inside of the regulator while you're at it.) If it's dirty, it could cause velocity spikes, and leaks.

If that doesn't work....I don't know. Are you sure you're not missing any pieces or o-rings? Are you sure you replaced the piston with the right part? There are a few different reg pistons. If you put a classic piston in an RT, that will cause problems.

Good luck!

I bought the RT piston from AGD and even matched it up to my old piston. Everything is clean and lubed, but the on/off doesn't activate at all, the air pours right out the back of the gun. Could it be that the Banjo Fitting is not properly seated on the Valve?

Beemer
07-29-2017, 11:18 AM
Could it be that the Banjo Fitting is not properly seated on the Valve?

Yes. Check the banjo bolt o-rings. They can get cut easily. Is it leaking from the valve or from the rail where the bolt goes threw?

Apathetic_Chaos
07-29-2017, 11:27 AM
Yes. Check the banjo bolt o-rings. They can get cut easily. Is it leaking from the valve or from the rail where the bolt goes threw?I wasn't too positive, but recently I thought it might be leaking out the back from between the valve and the rail, I think I'll need new banjo bolt o-rings, any other suggestions you can offer?

Apathetic_Chaos
07-29-2017, 11:28 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions so far guys, I think I may be close to getting the mag up and running.