PDA

View Full Version : Would/Could AGD put refurbished valves in the store?

squall
03-01-2002, 01:07 PM
I was wondering if AGD could put some refurbished stock Automag / Minmag valves in the store? I think it would be cool to pick up a spare valve so you could build a backup gun or a gun from scratch.

I don't know if there are any spare valves at all, maybe from the 'go retro' program, or if any old ones are used in military guns or for testing. Just a thought, It could clear out some old inventory from the warhouse, and make alot of players happy :)

So who's with me? Who would pick up a used or refurbished valve from the store, and how much would you be willing to pay?

Omicron
03-01-2002, 01:15 PM
Yeah I was thinking of getting a backup/spare valve just in case mine goes down for some odd reason.

It also depends how much they would be too...And hopefully they would get fixed up if they needed to before they sell them?

Chris
03-01-2002, 01:56 PM
It would only work if AGD voided their warranty on the old/refurbished valves. Part of the reason they did the Go Retro program was to get the old valves out of circulation. If they were refurbished, or just sent out with a parts kit and the valve for under fifty bucks, it would be a great program. AGD could stamp them as No Warranty, or change back halves of the valves so the SN's dont match...I dunno...something.

-Chris

Butterfingers
03-01-2002, 06:02 PM
Question, what does AGD do with those traded in valves?

ShinyGuy
03-01-2002, 08:25 PM
cool as I think it would be to pick up a spare valve for 50 bucks I think RougeFactor is right. People would pick buy them as a low cost alternative to a new mag. Not only would this take sales from new mags but most of these people would likely be new players and the lack of support and more demanding maintainence would just turn them off to AGD.

Besides AGD can just send all those old valves to me. I'm sure I can find something to do with them:D. Automag-minigun anyone?

zads27
03-01-2002, 08:50 PM
While I think it would be cool to sell a lot of AGD stuff with a non-warranty policy.. Just think what that would do, having a bunch of B quality parts with AGD on them all over the market. Resale values would go through the floor, since you don't know if you're gettin a refurb one or whatnot. Noone would believe AGD's slogan, "Because Quality always shoots straight" since there are a bunch of mags out there with less than the best quality parts.