PDA

View Full Version : hyperframe on mag

tg ur 1t
03-01-2002, 02:11 PM
I have a minimag with a hyperframe on it. I recently had troubles were I would hear the sear click, but it didn't fire, just start leaking air.

I would then pull th trigger again, sometimes several times before it would actually shoot. I took the frame off and looked at everything. All looked well, so I put it back together again. Now it seems like no troubles. Is there a problem with the hyper not allowing everything to line up causing this problem? Does it work well for a while, then mess up? Is there anything I can do to avoid this trouble again? Please help. :confused:

TheTramp
03-01-2002, 02:33 PM
Sounds like you might need a longer on/off pin. I think you can get one from Centerflag.

momags!
03-02-2002, 06:47 AM
Actually, I feel that this is more than likely user error. I've seen this happen before but only to people with really short fingers. Or you may have your finger on the trigger GUARD by accident. It's pretty hard to see exactly where to place the trigger finger when tears and foggy goggle lenses are abstructing your vision. Try standing up and firing it instead of hunkered in the fetal position behind bunkers and other teammates! ;)

Just kidding, dude! Thanks for the coffee.

momags!
03-02-2002, 06:51 AM
Oh yeah........Happy Birthday, Todd!

tg ur 1t
03-02-2002, 08:20 AM
Thanks Mark! Good one!:p

thanks for the advice Tramp, but I used the on/off pin that came with the frame. Is it a different one that I would need?

Dubstar112
03-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Make sure you have a fresh battery, And that you have enough air going to your set up.

Call centerflag 630-553-2611. I think It would have somthing to do with your on/off length, and pt spacer since these are the most common problems with hyperframes

tg ur 1t
03-02-2002, 11:23 AM
Thanks Dubstar! I made sure about the air and battery already. I'll call. BTW, dumb question... What's a pt spacer?:confused:

TheTramp
03-02-2002, 12:05 PM
Frequently the on/off pin that comes w/ the Hyper is still too short. I think they have around three different sizes because even a very little change can cause problems.

[NA]WARLORD
03-02-2002, 06:21 PM
pt=power tube, my roomate just got his back from Centerflag, it freakin rocks, my advice is to send the whole thing in and let them fix it, its free you just pay for shipping, it is well worth it!

2UnREal
03-02-2002, 06:51 PM
Yeah, Centerflag has great customer service.

Warthog#3
03-03-2002, 09:10 AM
I had the same thing happen with mine. Take off the frame and the side with screen. On top of the frame there are 4 small allen screws, losen the two on the side that you took the grip off.drop out the round thing and pull out the plunger. clean the two and add a light coat of oil.