PDA

View Full Version : Would you come to an event like this?

FatMan
03-01-2002, 03:25 PM
Hi,

We're working on putting together a paintball event for the southeast. We'd like to have something that will attract all kinds of players, industry reps, Hooters girls :D , well, just about everybody.

The question is what kind of event. We were thinking it would be cool if the non-tourney crowd could get the experience of a tourney without the pressure and stuff and even if they don't have a team. Maybe get to play with a famous industry type or Hooters girl or something :rolleyes: .

So, what we're thinking is a 5-man tourney where we randomly assign players to teams when they get there - experienced players divided up with the newbies. We would also have a "challenge board" where anyone can challenge anyone, and maybe a top-gun tourney, etc. ad nauseum.

So what do you think? Would you come to an event like this if it was held nearby and wasn't too expensive?

Any alternate or additional ideas?

FatMan

cphilip
03-01-2002, 03:28 PM
I guess I have to? :D

FatMan
03-01-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I guess I have to? :D
Stop it Phil, your gonna throw off my stats! :rolleyes:

FatMan

ronron2112
03-01-2002, 03:30 PM
that sounds pretty fun, i like the idea of the "challenge-board" its a good way for a lil revenge or settleing those old "i bet im better than you" debates.

i would def. go.

Lone Gunman
03-01-2002, 04:10 PM
I like the Hooters girls! LOL

But really, it sounds like an excellent idea.

I have been playing for around three years and I haven't gone to any turnies because all the "pro" teams enroll as novices and whoop on everyone. That, and they are pretty expensive for my cheap blood.

Jonno06
03-01-2002, 04:18 PM
I would definitly go if it was held nearby me....i like the idea of everything.The splitting up experienced players w/ newbies might cause problems..because tourny players often take the game serious,and rec players,play for fun.

HoppysMag
03-01-2002, 04:51 PM
HOOTERS!! I realllllly like hooters

PAINTBALLA01
03-01-2002, 06:15 PM
id go if it is close

talls
03-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Now Fatman that is one unique idea. If it was anywhere within a hundred or so miles of Nashville and in the summer you can count me in. That would be one heck of a "non-tourney" and who knows I might get like 2 hooters girls on my team and well might just have to skip the actual playing of the games:D if you know what I mean;) But that sounds like an original idea that I am sure many people would like to be in.

Psycho_Pigeon
03-01-2002, 06:59 PM
I would if I lived in the south east!!

:D :rolleyes:

manike
03-01-2002, 07:25 PM
I've done something like this before... in the UK we had the player championships. This meant you turned up and were put onto a team. Every game you played was with a different group of people so you got to learn how to play with different people and experince lots of different teams and playing styles. It was then calculated from from your successes in different teams how good you were in comparison to the rest of the people playing. A little different to what you are on about but also similar, if you are interested I will try and remember the rules.

It ended up with a very relaxed tourny atmosphere that was still competitive because people wanted to know where they would rank in the end. It was a lot of fun... I came 7th... because I threw a game to try and get my captain first place (his orders :( )... I shouldn't have and would have got 3rd... He got 2nd in the end.

manike

*edited* ;)

Mango
03-02-2002, 08:41 AM
I would come, just depends on when and where exactly. Perhaps a few from my team would come too. Depends though, saving for Shatnerball is draining my pockets.

Load SM5
03-02-2002, 08:46 AM
Manike...inebriated? No way!

I'd be happy to drive participate as long as it's centrally located in the Southeast. Sounds like a very cool idea.

manike
03-02-2002, 08:47 AM
I don't know what you are talking about :rolleyes:

;)

manike

Mav D MagMan
03-02-2002, 02:11 PM
SC Village, in Southern California runs something like this, I didn't attend although I was really interested. They take you and a buddy and randomly put you into five man teams. You could also go it alone. Although I didn't hear anything about a challenge board (a great idea, kinda like The Quick and the Dead, cool movie). Fatman's got it together.

Predater
03-02-2002, 02:24 PM
that sounds awsome. its like a turny but its definatly not a typical turny. id go but it would be a long drive from illinois. I wish they did somthing like that around whare i am.

OldSchoolMag
03-02-2002, 03:56 PM
Didn't they have something like this in April '02's APG?

*Cough - Page 32-33 Cough*

Sounds like fun, though!

OSM

FatMan
03-07-2002, 12:22 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the reply. I've been sick for a few days and offline.

Yeah, I read that article in APG a couple days ago. The constant reshuffling thing is a neat idea. I think that's what Manike was describing also.

Not sure which of the two we'll do, but you've given us something to think about.

Thanks again.

Play safe and have fun,

FatMan

TheTramp
03-07-2002, 01:19 PM
I'd go to an event like this as long as it prices weren't crazy.

cphilip
03-07-2002, 01:42 PM
Price is targeted to be around $25 and that includes all day air. Hope paint will be sub or areound $50 case for good stuff. All tenative right now but looking good.

And hope AGD will be there and we will be trying to have an AO meet along with it. That is pending Tom agreeing to it. He is considering it.

Drizit
03-07-2002, 05:38 PM
how about noth east?...
looks like no eh? perhaps next time.

than205
03-07-2002, 08:34 PM
here is what my local field is doing.
Some great ideas here (like hopper ball to start with)
http://www.rockpaintball.com/RRS/

FatMan
03-08-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by than205
here is what my local field is doing.
Some great ideas here (like hopper ball to start with)
http://www.rockpaintball.com/RRS/

Cool. Thanks for the info.

FatMan