PDA

View Full Version : regulator valve pin/spring

nipplez
03-01-2002, 08:00 PM
is the regulator valve pin/spring supposed to be able to come out of the valve easily? Mine is pretty much stuck in there. Well basically i had problems with my mag shooting down so I replaced the regulator seat and replaced all the o-rings in the gun. I asked a local shop and he said the spring int the regulator valve pin/spring part is bad and that i need a new spring. Is he right? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

MAGS own YOU
03-01-2002, 08:55 PM
Just ease it out slowly, I made the mistake of pulling it out too hard and it stretched out.

nipplez
03-01-2002, 09:13 PM
is there a way to tell if the spring is bad? I put it back in and it satys there fairly well...it aslo keeps the pin in place good also.

MAGS own YOU
03-01-2002, 09:35 PM
Only way it would be bad is if its stretched out, contains particals of unknown sort, or looks bad. Other than that it should be fine. I dont think that was what was causing you problems.

krafty
03-01-2002, 09:42 PM
Actually, I had the same problem. The AGD tech I talked to said that as long as you don't completely stretch out the spring it should be OK. It just has to do it's job. Took a hard tug, but the pin came out.

BlackVCG
03-01-2002, 11:47 PM
The only thing the spring does is hold the reg. valve pin in place. Air pressure is what makes it move back and forth. If you really need to get it out, get a dental pick and pull it out with one of those.

nipplez
03-02-2002, 03:05 AM
so should the spring be in there so snug? Correct me if i'm wrong but my impression is that if the spring is in there too tight the air pressure wont be able to move it. The guy at the shop says it should be able to slide in and out easily. Is he right?

BlackVCG
03-02-2002, 03:59 AM
The springs usually fit in there tight. It depends on the spring size at the base. As long as the spring isn't bent in a way that it would interfer with the movement of the reg. valve pin, it's fine. With the spring fully seated in the hole, it shouldn't stick above the hole. If it's stretched way out, you might as well replace it.