PDA

View Full Version : Perfect length for steel braided lines?

OneSelfLost
03-05-2018, 02:58 PM
What is the perfect length for steel braided lines? Both valve to ASA, and valve to VASA?

How about with the QD?

Thanks in advance!

Nobody
03-05-2018, 09:52 PM
That depends on how you run your gun, whether you have a gas through grip, or even running a vert/foregrip. A QD with steel braid lines is, IMHO, a must. Having the line connected to the valve, makes taking apart the gun harder than with a QD.

Also, some people may not have access to the longer lines, some prefer the shorter ones running in a tight path. Some like SS hardlines. It is all to what YOU WANT OR LIKE. There is no 1 method that is standard for all.

audioSLAVE
03-05-2018, 10:20 PM
What’s your set up?

OneSelfLost
03-05-2018, 10:51 PM
Just a regular ASA to a QD into the valve.. Like 13" + the QD?

Or the VASA to a QD into the valve.. 5" + QD?

The SS lines I can't just play with and see what I like, and trim as needed like I can with macroline - I need to have them made and only want to have to do that once.

Walker
03-06-2018, 12:56 AM
You can always doit my way; I take my gun with me when i go to the hose shop, and have them measure and then make the lines to my taste.

Walker

audioSLAVE
03-06-2018, 01:59 AM
I think a 10” piece of braided ss is your best bet. I have this on my minimag with a razor drop. I also would use this same length for a direct mount, I measured this on my y grip with a drop kick. You can see both markers in motm for feb and March. 12” plus the QD will put you curving it past a foregrip. Hope this helps. If you want a 12” piece with heat shrink and ninja qd I’d sell you an extra I have.

Tunaman
03-07-2018, 05:38 AM
the standard size is 13" from asa to valve