PDA

View Full Version : Twist lock or cocker thread?

boddah
04-02-2018, 06:30 PM
What are most of you running on your mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apathetic_Chaos
04-02-2018, 06:38 PM
What are most of you running on your mags?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAll mine are cocker threaded, makes it really easy to keep one or two barrel kits that fit my non mag backups as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hexcts
04-02-2018, 07:21 PM
All mine are cocker threaded, makes it really easy to keep one or two barrel kits that fit my non mag backups as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ditto.

kutter
04-03-2018, 09:37 PM
As brilliant of an idea that twist locks were for the time to make cleaning a broken ball easier/faster, it is just not needed now, to many advances that eliminate the need.

vintage
04-05-2018, 04:41 AM
the only thing i have cocker threaded are the X mags all other are and will remain a twist lock.

Nobody
04-05-2018, 05:20 AM
Twistlocks were a great idea, but time has passed them. L10 eliminates any chops, the ULE bodies are consistent in the breech area (which was the biggest contention from TK of aftermarket bodies-which never really came about) and the biggest factor is, YOU CAN NOT GET NEW AND/OR ANY MODERN BARREL THAT YOU MAY WANT TO USE. Want a Stella, maybe Deadlywinds, how about Dye ULs? Nope. Cocker threading has become defacto standard and its time to join this century.