PDA

View Full Version : Save The Turtles

going_home
07-22-2018, 02:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HU0Ywak.jpg

Imgur has made it difficult to find the jpg now.

Apparently you have to open the pic in a new browser tab.

Starbucks is saving the planet from plastic straws all the while theres more plastic in the new lid than the old lid and straw together.

Political correctness gone amuck once again.

AND they gave me a straw with the drink....

:tard:

Tunaman
07-22-2018, 04:48 PM
I used to see alot of turtles when I was a kid growing up...I don't see them anymore. Makes me sad.:(

Magzer
08-19-2018, 07:59 PM
that's true. back then, there were a lot of turtles onsight. now, the chance of seeing one on shore is too slim. in case you've seen one, it may not be in its best shape

going_home
08-19-2018, 10:34 PM
I used to see alot of turtles when I was a kid growing up...I don't see them anymore. Makes me sad.:(

Thats like lightning bugs here in Florida, seems they have disappeared.

Went up to Hanks field in WV earlier this month and they still have them up there....

BigEvil
08-20-2018, 09:25 PM

That is because you don't leave your bunker anymore. :p

Pyrate Jim
08-21-2018, 12:36 PM
Some want to make plastic straws illegal.
Others want to legalize plastic guns.
Whole world is gone bananas.

El Zilcho
08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
A quick search

No, the new Starbucks plastic lids do not use less overall plastic. But that’s not the point, according to Starbucks. Straws are small enough that even modern recycling systems don’t catch them, meaning that even cities that recycle #5 plastic (which is what many straws are made of) often don’t end up recycling straws. A professor at Columbia University told Popular Science:

“You can have straws made out of polypropylene, which is entirely recyclable,” says Kartik Chandran, a professor at Columbia University’s Department of Earth and Environmental Engineering. “But the machines we have aren’t really capable of capturing something in the size range of straws.”

going_home
08-27-2018, 06:28 PM
I know what their point is, my point was, is that their point is rediculious, more non biodegradable material being used, and the cup is now way easier to spill (less consumer friendly).

Next up paper mache straws ?

Cookie dough straws ?

:tard: