PDA

View Full Version : Ano dye to use to match black ULE body

zulubravo44
08-06-2018, 03:59 PM
This might be a silly question, but I'm working with a local anodizer (yes, he focuses primarily paintball and yes, he's worked with mags before). He just usually works with splash and fade work, not with standard black ano.

Being the boring person that I am, I'd like to round out my OLTR mag and some other parts in a black that matches, to the extent feasible, the factory black used on ULE bodies (or by XMT on the breeches for the two part CF bodies, more specifically).

Is this a "standard" black dye, or is it some kind of special blend developed specifically for mags? Has anyone had to have a matched dye made just to go with factory ULE black?

Tunaman
08-06-2018, 05:59 PM
This might be a silly question, but I'm working with a local anodizer (yes, he focuses primarily paintball and yes, he's worked with mags before). He just usually works with splash and fade work, not with standard black ano.

Being the boring person that I am, I'd like to round out my OLTR mag and some other parts in a black that matches, to the extent feasible, the factory black used on ULE bodies (or by XMT on the breeches for the two part CF bodies, more specifically).

Is this a "standard" black dye, or is it some kind of special blend developed specifically for mags? Has anyone had to have a matched dye made just to go with factory ULE black?

Every color has a number code. Only agd would know what that specific color black is. There are many. Maybe Tim would know that.

awo702
08-06-2018, 08:01 PM
I’ve owned several black ule bodies and one seemed to be a different black from the next. Comparing my Xvalves even shows some irregularities between batches. 100% way to get everything the same black is to do all your parts in the same batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zulubravo44
08-07-2018, 04:26 PM
100% way to get everything the same black is to do all your parts in the same batch.

I already got effed over trying to ano bodies with the steel retaining ring masked and/or removed, so I don't want to go that route again. I have one XMT two piece CF body and a black ULE body that are too close to tell a difference.

I've asked XMT if he can advise on the dye number used for the most recent run of two piece body breeches.