PDA

View Full Version : Question about on offs and level x tuning...

Mondoatx
09-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Working on one of my xvalves...

Went with an rt on off... have 3 different pins for them... all of varying lengths...

Tuned the lx with the medium length pin... worked great...

Wanted to see how much rt I could get with the short pin... and when I threw it in there the level 10 started sticking...

Seems like a silly question... but if I change the pin does that potentially mean I would have to readjust the level 10? (In this case a looser carrier to keep it from sticking?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vintage
10-02-2018, 04:49 AM
never heard of having to re-tune a level 10 because of an on/off pin change. most likely you have an alignment problem with the frame, body and valve after you re-installed the valve.

Sandman
10-11-2018, 04:51 PM
on/off pins should not make the bolt stick. However adverse sizes of pins can cause weird issues. Too long...too short...you say 3 different sizes....what size are you talking about? How short?

athomas
10-13-2018, 09:22 PM
Wanted to see how much rt I could get with the short pin... and when I threw it in there the level 10 started sticking...

Seems like a silly question... but if I change the pin does that potentially mean I would have to readjust the level 10? (In this case a looser carrier to keep it from sticking?)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkA pin that is too short means the on-off can leak a bit of air as the sear rotates forward, causing the bolt to stay farther forward than it should. This can simulate the bolt stick issue. The level 10 probably doesn't need retuning. Just use the middle pin length instead of the short one.