PDA

View Full Version : CCM Air Fittings: Longer Posts for Automags coming soon... again

Bunny
05-29-2019, 08:19 PM
Hey, I figured I would pass the info along... I'm in the market for a few more automag length CCM fitting posts. I sent CCM an e-mail. This was their response.

We're out of stock and will be making more next week. They'll have to go out for plating so they should be available in
about 4 weeks. When they're back we'll get them relisted in the store. (When the posts are done they'll be a separate listing.)

Hope that helps people that are in the market for a few more.

:headbang:

captian pinky
05-29-2019, 08:24 PM
Thanks bunny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xyxyll
06-21-2019, 05:16 PM
I'm eyeing the CCM fittings for a few of my builds. I didn't realize the stock posts aren't sized well for automags. Can you share what's different between the two lengths?

Menace_AO
06-30-2019, 05:54 PM
Quoted from my thread on this a couple of years ago:

Owing to the relatively shallow depth of the air fitting inlet, AGD threading on the valves runs a little small. Added to this is the fact that CCM builds their fittings to their own markers, which run a slightly larger spec.

Stacked up, these tolerance differences mean that newer CCM fittings typically will only go about two turns into mag valves, which is not ideal for strength, especially given the input pressures we like to run. Probably most folk don't even notice this, but it is something to consider if safety is an issue for you.

Their older fittings had longer posts, which worked well in this application and allowed more turns into the valve, but of course, these are no longer available new.

Basically the longer posts allow you to run the fitting deeper into the valve. I've got an original set of this new run, and love them.

captian pinky
06-30-2019, 08:33 PM
I believe it has more to do with the fact that most people are using them for the nummech frames as they are longer and can stretch high enough to line up with the short fittings at the valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xyxyll
07-01-2019, 07:44 AM
Hmm.. I just picked up 3 sets of fittings from them. I'll keep an eye out for the posts in their store. Thank you.

Anyone had issues with the autocockerparts fittings? I just had two of them warp when I was threading them into a valve.

Bunny
07-06-2019, 04:01 PM
I'm eyeing the CCM fittings for a few of my builds. I didn't realize the stock posts aren't sized well for automags. Can you share what's different between the two lengths?

Longer AGD post on left. Standard on right. :cheers:

Bunny
07-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Looks like they are in.

https://store.chipleymachine.com/ccm-air-fitting-post-long-automag/