PDA

View Full Version : What was the name of that AO Quick Detach Drop Forward?

Walking Stick
07-23-2019, 03:43 PM
It was a basic arched drop forward with the AO hexagon logo, 3 holes (I think), and a thumbwheel beneath the frame mount for quick detachment. There was also a version specifically for attaching to Flatline tanks. I want to say it had Digital in the name but can't find it.

Bunny
07-23-2019, 03:48 PM
Datapimp?

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/misc/dpppdrop/index.shtml

Walking Stick
07-23-2019, 06:42 PM
Datapimp?

Yes, that's it! Thanks Bunny. Want to find one and a CnC barrel for my X-Mag and it was driving me nuts not recalling its name.

Tunaman
07-23-2019, 07:47 PM
I have a blue one never used I think.../

Walking Stick
07-24-2019, 12:52 AM
PM inbound...

going_home
07-24-2019, 11:07 AM
I used to have a few of them around here somewhere but they were direct mount, not drop forward.

Xyxyll
07-24-2019, 01:12 PM
NW made a similar quick disconnect adapter. Less cool looking, but still very effective.

Tunaman
07-24-2019, 04:05 PM
NW made a similar quick disconnect adapter. Less cool looking, but still very effective.
I have some of those too in chrome only

Walking Stick
07-24-2019, 10:08 PM
I love those pull-pin NW QDs and easily have dozen! I felt a DataPimp would be more authentic for this particular X-Mag build though. Oh, pics are always appreciated, so here's one of DataPimp drops for y'all:
https://i.imgur.com/5Vk5fmi.jpg

BigEvil
07-25-2019, 07:03 AM
Stygshore had a bunch of them he couldnt get rid of . I will drop him a msg.

Fred
07-25-2019, 07:40 AM
I have a pair of the second generation ones in silver. One has a rail, the other is flatline mount.

StygShore
07-25-2019, 09:18 AM
Stygshore had a bunch of them he couldnt get rid of . I will drop him a msg.

LOL - that picture of the keyboard is mine from a long time ago - I still have them kicking around in a bag somewhere unless I gave them to WYN1370 at some point. Datapimp Drops. I think all I have is the flatline style like in the pictures now. I was going to dovetail them all and then drop forwards went out of fashion

Walking Stick
07-25-2019, 11:14 AM
I really don't understand why drop forwards aren't cool any more. They're still the most ergonomic to me. I'll have to take pics of any I see at the Iron City Classic next weekend.

StygShore: If you ever happen to come across that bag just drop me a line. Dovetails are certainly more versatile but more mounting blocks would definitely boost the DataPimpness across my other 'Mags.

Zone Drifter
07-28-2019, 02:51 PM
So that's who made them! I have one myself, never used as I like mounting my flatlines direct.

Fred
07-29-2019, 09:38 AM
Just a PSA: If you have a Gen 2, or are looking for one with the intention of re-anodizing it to match a new project... Don't.

The tops have 4 stainless steel press fit inserts which are then drilled to capture the ball bearings of the locking mechanism. Obviously no new inserts are available... unless you have your own fabricated and you're super precise about re-drilling the dimples. The locking mechanism tolerances are tight.

That's presuming your top pieces survive having them drilled out for ano to begin with...