PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Electronics Wis

Exodus
03-02-2002, 09:11 PM
im no good at diagrams so i cant do this on my own. what i need to build is a switch that when i push a button it will onen an air valve for about 45-55 miliseconds, close the valve, open another valve then shut it at a variable time.

*edit* i might as well tell you what im planning. im making a paintball mortar for a scanerio game that is coming up in a few months. i would like that i can drop a "paint round" in to the barrel, then push a button that fires, re-charges the dump chamer, and re-sets for the next shell.

ezrunner
03-02-2002, 09:43 PM
What you are describing requires a few things.

A solenoid to open/close the valve. You can use
a single throw dual pole STDP solenoid I believe.

A relay to trigger the solenoid. It may run at a higher
voltage than your logic (ie 12V throw, 5V logic).

A timer circuit (capacitors, transformers, all the nasty
stuff). There are good sources online for these trinkets.

Try http://www.allelectronics.com

good luck man

-rob

Vegeta
03-03-2002, 06:55 PM
YOu could do what he says up there, but if you might wanna add something else into it later on, say a shot counter.. you would have to add anotehr standalone circuit. If you are really interested, read up on EPROM chips and burners. you can set a specific line of command for hte eprom to open a circuit for hte right time, then close, and so on. It would be a lot more professional and possibly more compact if you plan on having more things, liek shot counter and modes.

03-03-2002, 08:35 PM
i am almost done with a circuit i am building from scratch for my electronic autococker mod. i am not shure what i am going to do with this yet, if i end up relasing the code/diagram/instructions, they would be able to help you out.

cphilip
03-04-2002, 08:05 AM
Moving out of Deep Blue to Main.