PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing day with my new Automag

Hemlock86
03-02-2002, 09:22 PM
I had alot of problems paintballing today. I blame it all on the weather and paint I was using cause there is NO WAY my mag should perform like it do today(meaning bad). It was at freezing temp. all day, with a few flurries. And the field paint was Pro Ball Platium's and Diablo Blaze(the blaze worked better in the cold for me). They only allowed to usefield paint. Here's a list of some problems I had today.

-Broken paint every 10-20 shots
-once paint broke...even squeeged...shots were weak
-even with a clean barrel, shots were inaccurate
-velocity varied between 250-280 fps from shot to shot.

Is this common in freezing weather? Using Tom's tips, the paint was breaking at one drop at 6ft(SUPER BRITTLE & no bounch at all). Im sooooooo happy to have a Mag and Im hoping that this a fluke thing. Mags arent allowed to perform bad! But I wasnt the only person breaking paint.

OH!!! one other thing...Doesnt have to do with weather. Im having a hard time getting my barrel back on(12" Boomstick). Ill align the slot with the pin thingy and nearly need to pound it in, but once it gets into the groove, its fine. I have plenty of oil on the barrel and the pin is as as springy as possible(not tight). How can I make it easier to slide my barrel in?

Thx for any feedback

Peace!!

nutz
03-02-2002, 09:34 PM
ok about the back... u need to oil the threads...

about the performance, it was ur first time using a mag so that could be one of the reasons for choping, second was the brittle paint and cold weather, third once u chop in a mag it is sometimes very hard to clean and get ur gun to perform at top level

that sounds kinda normal for a crappy cold day

MrAirgunRT
03-02-2002, 09:35 PM
The paint was breaking on one bounce, which would case ALOT of breaks, and the inaccuracy could have been to bore size or anything. My mag has been working great lately. =) (knock on wood grips)

Bonx0007
03-02-2002, 09:46 PM
the twist lock has an adjustment screw underneath it. look under your rail and unscrew it half a turn. that should make it easier to put the barrel in.

Never use one drop paint in a mag. Never use old paint in mag. Two rules I will never go against again. If you are using co2 that is probably your consistency problem.

Butterfingers
03-02-2002, 09:55 PM
I have used one drop paint before in my e-mag. All you have to do is make sure you have a foamie bolt and properly adjusted plastic nubbins.

Also make sure the paint was not too big for the bore of your barrel. Moisture usually makes paintballs swell.

Hemlock86
03-02-2002, 10:07 PM
Thx guys, just making sure this isnt normal of Mags :)

I have the stock bolt and a metal nubbin(thats tha ball detent, right?). Should I replace them?

Also, If I clean the barrel from a break, the Bolt still had paint on it. Does that effect performance?

I also adjusted the Barrel guide thing, and its still hard to push in. Infact, it stared to were into the barrel , in the front of the slot. I might need to file down the burs its created.

And I believe I ioled it up good. The Mag is great on air. 1000 pb's and only went down 1500 psi....maybe its the cold :/

thx again
peace

Butterfingers
03-02-2002, 10:20 PM
Well plastic nubbins are cheap and they are harder to break. So I would pick some up its definately worth the price. Yes they are also called ball detents.

The stock bolt will work fine with less brittle paint. But if you are making a habit of shooting 0-2 bounce paint it is best to pick up a foamie.

You should clean the bolt it might effect accuracy because the next ball in the stack will pick up paint. But, it shouldnt effect the cycling of the gun.

Hemlock86
03-02-2002, 10:33 PM
Oh yeah, Im a fat bastard too... Nutting like being out of shape at 6,000 ft alt. and running around in the woods. Time to hit the weights and stair master, hahhaHaHaHA!

Hopefully next weekend will be nicer. Today was a big waste of paint and money.

Thanx for the help guys

wimag
03-02-2002, 11:51 PM
Had the same problem with my boomstick. The groove in the barrel was too narrow for the pin. I took a dremel and took a little off the pin and it works fine now. Doing that too the pin did not cause slop in other barrels fitting, locks into place when i twist it in anyways.

Hemlock86
03-03-2002, 12:19 AM
ummm, Im trying to fix the barrel/Pin problem right now. Ill loosen the pin alot, and the grip frame wont go back on. And there is no way to low the pin except to grind it down....which I really dont want to do. But that pin is messing up my barrel, kinda.

thx
peace