PDA

View Full Version : Emag resurrection (maybe)

Spacemanvic
10-10-2019, 12:30 PM
So my sons are interested in paintball. I dragged out my Emag only to see I had left the battery pack in the battery holder. Burst battery, acid all over the holder. How do I go about cleaning this up, and how/where do I find a replacement battery? Ill also need to get O-rings etc - I have a "brand new" emag parts kit already, but its at least 9 years old - do the O-rings go bad? Also i have an antique Raptor tank, will need to get a new tank as well, what are people running these days? Maybe Ill convert the Emag to one that can run CO2? I have an older classic Automag that I will need to finish putting hoses on and I guess a CO2 tank holder.

Where do I start?

captian pinky
10-10-2019, 02:15 PM
if its been sitting that long id recommend sending it to agd or tuna to have them go through the marker. they should both be able to get you a battery and make sure your ready to go.

you want to make sure you use hpa with at least 800psi out put on both.

Tunaman
10-10-2019, 04:15 PM
baking soda and water to neutralize that battery acid. I can help you out if you want it all fixed up. let me know.

Mondoatx
10-11-2019, 08:24 PM
So my sons are interested in paintball. I dragged out my Emag only to see I had left the battery pack in the battery holder. Burst battery, acid all over the holder. How do I go about cleaning this up, and how/where do I find a replacement battery? (Tuna answered this)

Ill also need to get O-rings etc - I have a "brand new" emag parts kit already, but its at least 9 years old - do the O-rings go bad? (Yes they do. Best bet is to order an xvalve rebuild kit directly from AGD, unsure if they are in stock)

Also i have an antique Raptor tank, will need to get a new tank as well, what are people running these days? (Things have changed a lot... people no longer run adjustable tanks like your raptor - where you can turn the output pressure up or down - now they are presets that thread into an asa like what will accept a co2 tank)

Maybe Ill convert the Emag to one that can run CO2? (Never owned an emag... but I gather the valves are xvalves... which cannot run co2)

I have an older classic Automag that I will need to finish putting hoses on and I guess a CO2 tank holder.

Where do I start?

If you want someone else to do all the work... sent to Tuna or sandman... otherwise parts kit for o rings and then start finding hard parts like batteries and Johnson rods and rotator spliffs as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

going_home
10-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Send it to Tuna.

;)