PDA

View Full Version : Help W/retrovalve!!!

oldsoldier
03-02-2002, 11:41 PM
I bought a new retrovalve, and it doesnt work. I tried all the spacers...nothing. I keep getting airleaks down the barrel. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

a_malfunction
03-02-2002, 11:45 PM
Do you have the powertube o-ring in? Is it installed in the correct order (oring, then spacer)? Does it leak when you hold down the trigger? Have you oiled it yet? And make sure you gas it up fast. It needs a very quick burst of air to gas up.

Cha0tic
03-02-2002, 11:45 PM
how much pressure do you have going into the gun? it need about 800psi. if the pressure is too low, the valve will nto seal properly, and leak.

oldsoldier
03-03-2002, 12:09 AM
I didnt try the pressure thing. All the parts are installed correctly. I double (triple, quadruple) checked them. I will try gassing up quickly. I have a double regulator...Armaggedon. Will try that and let you know. Should the powertube be oiled? I am not even getting enough pressure to trip the sear. It just blows right through the bolt into the barrel.

Butterfingers
03-03-2002, 01:06 AM
sounds like your problem is not gassing it up fast enough. You can also try holding down the trigger while gassing it up.

Predater
03-03-2002, 01:38 AM
what psi is your armageddon reg set at?

Havoc_online
03-03-2002, 01:50 AM
you also might want to make sure that the trigger rod has enough room to come out, when you charge the gun up, make sure the trigger has a little play, about a credit card worth in between the trigger rod and trigger.

oldsoldier
03-03-2002, 09:43 AM
I tried everything...to no avail. I will call AGD tomorrow...hopefully they can help. Gassing it all the way up doesnt do it...i think that the sear isnt engaing the bolt because I am not getting any forward trigger pressure at all. The problem is, I cant figure out why. My old bolt works fine iwth either sear.

madboyzpaintbal
03-08-2002, 04:37 AM
i had a similar problem i have a minimag w/hypeframe and folding front grip(armson), when i switched to retrovalve i couldnt get it to work right...my probllem was my foregrip had slightly bent my grip frame rail just enough that the new valve wouldnt sit right in the body"the old valve wore into the bend and still functioned properly"when i replaced my frame rail it now works perfect

Manuel_FZR
03-08-2002, 10:59 AM
I have the same problem ... changed all o-rings, oilde o-rings and helped nothing.
Now I send it to AGDE to solve my problem.

oldsoldier
03-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Thanks all. I returned it to where I bought it from, no hassles. Their tech tried to help as well, didnt work. Just reinstalled my old one back in. Will pick up another one in the future...hopefully will have better luck! Didnt try changing the rail though...if I have probs next time, I will try that.