PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Still Working

going_home
03-25-2020, 01:47 PM
And who is bored at home ?

Thankfully lumberyards are on the list of essential businesses so I am still working.

At least at this point the governor of Florida has said he is not shutting the state down.

:ninja:

Loguzzzzzz
03-25-2020, 02:01 PM
Working from home at the moment...

Zone Drifter
03-25-2020, 02:25 PM
Collins aerospace is still essential. Not sure for how long though, if Boeing shuts down then there goes 60% of our work so we won't be far behind. I'm hoping for a 2 week break, so long as it's paid!

jbtamu1011
03-25-2020, 02:31 PM
working from home.

cougar20th
03-25-2020, 03:40 PM
For the last 5 years I have been working from home 1 or two days a week. So for me to transition to full time here was simple. Now making sure the kiddo does their remote learning while balancing my work has been interesting.
And the wife is working from home as well.

knownothingmags
03-25-2020, 04:23 PM
going to work everyday. our facility is essential :D

vintage
03-26-2020, 04:41 AM
stores have to have their shopping carts so we are still going, at least until our suppliers shut down.

boarder2k7
03-26-2020, 10:04 AM
I went back to school full time this semester, just in time for the shutdown and move to online....

Pulled out my paintball gear yesterday, going to go through it all and get it in working order to hopefully play this summer if everything is open again.

wetwrks
03-26-2020, 08:00 PM
Supply containers for food...and cleaning supplies. So essential on 2 levels.

mobsterboy
03-26-2020, 08:59 PM
Just programming Robots every day. Custom Automation means we have ALL kinds of customers so some of our guys will still be working if they "shelter in place" South Carolina. We have such large projects coming up that our group could easily handle working remotely for a while too.

Nobody
03-26-2020, 10:13 PM
Still working, though i am no longer handling money directly. The toll system is being set to remote, so people will get a bill in the mail. But the boats still need to get & out, so my bridge is still manned.

going_home
03-29-2020, 07:00 AM
Hillsborough county (Tampa area) commissioners voted in a "shelter in place" that started this past Friday at 10PM.

It goes for a week, at which time they will take another vote to extend it or not.

I dont see too many less cars on the highways...

ScottyBeans
03-29-2020, 01:40 PM
Working from home as well

audioSLAVE
03-29-2020, 03:31 PM
Still working at the television station, can’t do it from home.

Xmagterror
03-29-2020, 05:56 PM
My job is "essential"
I called them and said "see you in 3 weeks" LMFAO

Anthony w Lawrence
03-29-2020, 08:12 PM
Still working getting hazard pay To run a robot to make boat props

Anthony w Lawrence
03-29-2020, 08:16 PM
Still working getting hazard pay to run a robot to make boat props go imagine

going_home
03-30-2020, 06:11 AM
Trump extended the social distancing to April 30th.

Looks like we have at least 5 more weeks of paranoia.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpAANsoG8I

:beemmeup:

knownothingmags
03-30-2020, 02:36 PM
well i take it back i am now unemployed as of now. booo

rawbutter
03-30-2020, 02:44 PM
well i take it back i am now unemployed as of now. booo

Sorry, bud. Hope it's really temporary. At least you can get that premium unemployment.

I'm out of work too. I do mostly private tutoring for high school kids, and there's no market for that right now. My wife is a teacher, so she's at home too, but she's still getting paid.

Flatliner333
04-01-2020, 08:25 PM
Still working (Industrial Radiography) but work has slowed down.

Mondoatx
04-01-2020, 11:37 PM
Still working... IT sales... from home with a wife, 10 and 11 year old... and 2 dogs... hit April quota by 9AM... but we are a large company... so who knows what will happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

govnamac
04-02-2020, 10:29 PM
Still working but 3 days a week with two days admin time and 5 hours a day.

boarder2k7
04-04-2020, 01:35 PM
Student job is cancelled with the universities closed. The nice part, they have decided to pay out 60% of what we were earning. The not nice part, I didn't get my timesheet/hiring process set up until the 4th week of the semester, so they've averaged in 4 weeks of nothing to what they're paying me, not what I would have been making for the rest of the semester. Friday internship job has also been shut down. My company is essential (energy sector) so the controllers are in, but nearly all the other employees are working remotely. Intern level work is obviously not particularly critical, and I never had remote login abilities anyway.

Spinnygrass
04-04-2020, 07:36 PM
I get to do both. I’m a county government employee. We are week on week off right now. I work Thursday to Thursday.

pillage
04-11-2020, 09:09 AM
I am still working.

going_home
04-11-2020, 01:26 PM
Today was supposed to be a paintball day.

I hate this, and to think theres 3 more weeks of this, hopefully no more than that....

jbtamu1011
04-12-2020, 09:40 AM
Today was supposed to be a paintball day.

I hate this, and to think theres 3 more weeks of this, hopefully no more than that....

All 2 of our local shops are closed and I am out of air. ��

dstud2000
04-13-2020, 02:18 PM
The company I work for laid us off. I’m a robot tech and our our robot lines are not considered essential so stuck at home for now.

mobsterboy
04-13-2020, 02:54 PM
The company I work for laid us off. I’m a robot tech and our our robot lines are not considered essential so stuck at home for now.

Ouch. What brand of Robots?

dstud2000
04-13-2020, 02:58 PM
Ouch. What brand of Robots?

Fanuc and Nachi mostly, some OTC Daihen (Sister company you Nachi), and there are a handful of older bots at one of other factories Kawasaki and Motoman and a few ABB.

There are a handful of people in other departments still working but not much till the big 3 get moving again.

mobsterboy
04-13-2020, 09:20 PM
Fanuc and Nachi mostly, some OTC Daihen (Sister company you Nachi), and there are a handful of older bots at one of other factories Kawasaki and Motoman and a few ABB.

There are a handful of people in other departments still working but not much till the big 3 get moving again.

I hear ya. We mostly program Fanuc and ABB but its still a mixed bag based on customer spec. I've got a big boy M900 in currently that I can't get anyone convinced we should attach a chair to and let me write a program for them to ride it :ninja:
Jk Jk, we would NEVER do that... :ninja: :ninja:

dstud2000
04-13-2020, 11:51 PM
I hear ya. We mostly program Fanuc and ABB but its still a mixed bag based on customer spec. I've got a big boy M900 in currently that I can't get anyone convinced we should attach a chair to and let me write a program for them to ride it :ninja:

I saw somewhere at a mall they did that to a Kuka and offered rides on it. You can find the video on YouTube if you look for it. I’ve had the displeasure of working on one Kuka and swore never again.

I am a tech at a factory so my main function is production support of my zone which encompasses everything from programming to fixturing to maintenance and everything in between. Jack of all trades sort of thing. It’s interesting and up until this virus it has been very steady and reliable work. My zone is mostly Arcmate 120 or OTC MIG arms. The rest of the factory is a mixed bag or R2000 or SR 270 with a few other odd balls mixed in there. Hopefully by May we can get started back up, fingers crossed anyways.

dstud2000
04-13-2020, 11:55 PM

Here ya go https://youtu.be/6MkJ6df310U

going_home
04-24-2020, 06:54 AM
Although I've still been working 5 days a week I'm hoping the governor of Florida sets the businesses free soon.

I need a haircut !

And I'm tired of takeout food !

:facepalm:

dstud2000
04-24-2020, 09:01 AM
I’ve been laid off about 5 weeks. Just got called yesterday to come back to work on Monday.

cougar20th
04-24-2020, 09:13 AM

Sounds like fun, sign me up for a ride.

BigEvil
04-24-2020, 07:12 PM
Just went back to work Monday after being out 3 weeks with the 'Rona. Work made me stay out for the extra week. Surprisingly we have been insanely busy ...

Zone Drifter
04-27-2020, 01:27 PM
Just went back to work Monday after being out 3 weeks with the 'Rona. Work made me stay out for the extra week. Surprisingly we have been insanely busy ...

How has your recovery been?

going_home
04-27-2020, 08:42 PM
Alone in the car wearing a mask..... why ?

Passes out from breathing his own exhaled carbon dioxide.

https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/mask-crash-ht-rc-200425_hpEmbed_1x1_992.jpg

https://abcnews.go.com/US/driver-crash-passed-wearing-n95-mask-long-police/story?id=70346532

What is wrong with people ?

:dontgetit:

Nobody
04-29-2020, 07:57 PM
Maybe the person was actually sick? Maybe their blood sugar was low? Maybe the police only suspect one thing without all the facts? Maybe, just maybe they take the guidelines of ataying safe too far, going to the point of actually endangering themselves?

I had actually seen many people driving while wearing masks(side benefit of me watching people drive up to my booth), and have seen way too much; wondering how more people don't crash in normal circumstances(eating cereal, soup, reading newspapers, acts of sexule congress, intoxicated, inebriated, and just dumb).