PDA

View Full Version : Knee And shin gaurds?

MAGS own YOU
03-03-2002, 11:03 AM
What are the best Knee pads with shin gaurds that WON'T slide? I slide pretty hard and my legs take alot of abuse(i ripped both pairs of my JT pro series pants).

talls
03-03-2002, 11:26 AM
Well I don't use shinguards anymore because all of them seemed to slide a little on me. The JT emotions slid quite abit and seemed to stick to the ground more than to my legs. I have heard from various people that the renegade kneepads are very good and soft and can be tightened to where they won't slide, but I have given up on them. I suggest the JT destroyer pants because they are super durable and I have worn them the past 3 months every other weekend and it shows no signs of tearing anytime in the next year. Good luck man

311automag
03-03-2002, 11:39 AM
i use the renegade knee-shins and they work very well, practically no sliding whatsoever.

Miscue
03-03-2002, 11:40 AM
I haven't had a knee/shin guard that didn't slide yet. Busted my knees and ripped pants couple times because of it. I might end up going to a skate shop and get knee pads there... don't have to use 'paintball' pads.

Havoc_online
03-03-2002, 12:06 PM
I've heard that the redz knee/shin guards worked well but have never used them, I use the dye knee pads.

Clare
03-03-2002, 12:12 PM
I use the dye knee pads too. I've seen some people wearing the renegade pads and they were falling apart

FeelTheRT
03-03-2002, 12:29 PM
I use Renagades shin guards. They seem pritty comfy. I've got a small tear on mine though, i musta slid too hard or something, plus i weigh alot.

spacemanspiff
03-03-2002, 12:33 PM
I've been using the JT-emotion knee/shin pads and they work great. They do slid alittle but not enough to expose my knees. As for pants I have the Paintball Junkies pants. These things are bomb proof. I spend more time sliding around then I do standing and so far no rips or tares.

2UnREal
03-03-2002, 12:50 PM
What are the toughest kneepads?

Major Ho
03-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Try a combo. I have 32* pants with reinforced knees/shins along with renegades underneath them. I think the pants take away all the sliding action while the pads underneath still protect you. Works fer me at least...
Try a Combo ;)

The Mag Man
03-03-2002, 03:49 PM
Let me "school" you guys on paintball knee and shin pads. I recently purchased a pair of Raven Knee/Shin pads, they are horrible. They are extremely uncomfortable, and they are made out of neoprene. Thats not much protection and they even began to rip after my first day of use. I have looked at all other brands of knee/shin pads and they all look the same, which i'm guessing means they all suck. Currently i'm using my aggresive skating knee pads like Miscue suggested (I didn't get the idea from him). These babies have a 1/8th inch hard arse plastic plate BOLTED onto them. These pups don't go sliding anywhere, they stay where you put them, and nothing beats them, they are praticaly industructable. They are made my a skating company called Pro Team (no relation to paintball company). I highly suggest you look into them.

talls
03-03-2002, 04:51 PM
Try a combo. I have 32* pants with reinforced knees/shins along with renegades underneath them

Many tournaments won't allow you to wear them under your pants; I KNOW they NPPL will not let you. They want to be about to see them becase they can help with bounces and they do not want anyone to have a clearcut advantage on the field.

Bwaites
03-03-2002, 04:52 PM
I'm a big guy, 6'3" and 250 plus pounds. The best solution I have found is Street Hockey knee/shin guards. They slide on the ground fine because they have a hard plastic shield outside, but stay put on my legs. Because they are made to skate in, they don't restrict movement.

Some kids I play woods with use combinations of soccer shin guards and roofing knee pads which also have a hard outer skin.

Bill

SoupRman
03-03-2002, 04:58 PM
i use redz knee/shin guards and they work fine. i have a pair that are 1 size over than what fits me but they only slide if not strapped to the tightest.