PDA

View Full Version : new super bolt cracked

soilent green
03-03-2002, 04:24 PM
well my new superbolt cracked looks like I'll be sending another one back AGD heres what happened well 3000 rounds of paint later from reinstallation I'm happy with my superbolt then my fomie flies out and a few shots later my sleeve crackes and got caught in my barrel it was a horrible night for me because my powertube tip broke to and my regular bolt got jammed up right when I was about to make a perfect kill shot

soilent green
03-03-2002, 04:30 PM
it was a terrible experience for me and my "baby" who I always take the best of care

talls
03-03-2002, 04:44 PM
That is ruff man, but I haven't ever had any problems with my superbolt and have cycled it about 5000 times. Have you done anything like walk under a ladder or break a mirror in the last couple of days because it sounds like you just had all around horrible luck. I feel for you man and hope you get everything worked out.

Thordic
03-03-2002, 04:47 PM
Wasn't this guy one of the guys making up superbolt stories when BONESISGOD started that whole problem? I know soilent green was involved in making up stories somehow...

Jonno06
03-03-2002, 07:31 PM
what exactly did they say about these products???I remember hearing something about a recall,but wasnt sure exactly what happened,Thordic,can u explain?thanx

soilent green
03-03-2002, 07:52 PM
thordic I am afraid you did not understand my first post way back when my first one cracked someone thought I ment the metal rod on the inside of my bolt cracked and flew out I ment the sleeve I later corrected that confusion and sent my bolt to AGD if you search for that post you will see that

soilent green
03-03-2002, 08:06 PM
"super bolt problem need toms instructions
my super bolt broke it cracked near the end and the end shot out I did not get a chance to try any of the partial fixes so I can't say if they work or not I talked to Jon at the tech department and he said to post hear and Tom shuold tell me what I need to do toget it fixed."

and later my response

"the bolt sleeve cracked and the end plastic only left the end of the barrel I did not see it leave the barrel but it must have because I started breaking paint and when I took it apart I saw the sleeve had cracked and the end of the sleeve was gone it was my first time useing the freak with it I put about 1500 rounds through it with a CP problem free I understand your concerns about the truth thats it I am severly bothered that someone would lie about something so serious thanks for responding so quikly tom."

soilent green
03-03-2002, 08:17 PM
I don't appreciat being slandered and have people say "I know he was involved in makeing up stories" next time do your research before bashing other people plus I am now a senior member here and if you have read any of my other posts you would relize I always try to help other people and post some what intelligent replies I love this forum and would not blaitently lie about something

Thordic
03-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Dude, at one point you did say that your bolt cracked and flew out of your barrel at a time when you should have been a lot more specific. Thats the part I had read way back when.

You corrected my mistake, so be it.

soilent green
03-03-2002, 08:54 PM
yeh at the time though I was new to the forum and I didn't know that someone had been lieing about it I did feel bad about the confusion

LaW
03-03-2002, 11:13 PM
I'm just wondering here that some of the new superbolts might still have somewhat of a lip at the tip area still that wasn't completely catched... That would explain the select few having a couple problems... it is to be expected however, I've had 3-4 cases in my new superbolt no problem...

Bwaites
03-03-2002, 11:27 PM
My new, modified bolt still had a very slight ridge on it when I got it. It was much less than the ridge on Tom's pictures and much better blended, but I removed it very carefully and have had no problems with 2 cases + lots of dry fires.

Bill

AGD
03-04-2002, 12:04 AM
Soilent,

Send it back in so we can look at it.

AGD

soilent green
03-04-2002, 06:49 AM
yea mine had that ridge but i sanded it I'll call tonight to get an ra number

soilent green
03-04-2002, 02:24 PM
just got off hold with the tech department I waited a half hour! and no one answered whats going on

LaW
03-04-2002, 03:52 PM
Soilent green don't talk to the tech department. Talk to like the extension for sending stuff in, forgot which one. You have to get an RA number and just send it in. Tech department doesn't handle that stuff.

AGD
03-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Jon our tech was on vacation last week remember? We are swamped on Mondays even when he is not gone.

AGD

soilent green
03-05-2002, 01:33 PM
yeh I emailed jon thanks for keeping up with the posts tom