PDA

View Full Version : great day at the field

virus
03-03-2002, 05:54 PM
got to the new field in the mall near me today... good mix of people and about 20 kids about 14 and under most of them played with other kids their own age there and it was a blast to watch.... there were 2 deffinte types out there... those that were unsure of them selves and kinda stayed hidden and those that had no fear what so ever....

i'll give them all props fer one thing... esp the fearless... they were all just way to small and quick... but still a blast to watch them.... also usally those watchin off the field are not allowed to help out those on the field but most of us older players were outside along the netting help them if there was a tech problem with their rental or yell for them if a ref was needed and the such but we let them play thier own game... they all left with smiles on their faces... and i think the older players impressed alot of the younger kids parents with what we were doing......

now fer me.... great overall day... it was nice to see 2 other mags users there besides myself... on kid had a new mini, his first time out with it and was having problems... helped him out and and gave a little advice about the trigger and making sure the p/f was set right and a a few little other things....

got the normal berating for being hard to hit and being able to shoot with only a few inches off the ground... the what the heck is that questions esp about the warp....

best part of the day is one of the teams that showed up asked if i could make it down on tuesday nights for their practice... i really hated turnin them down as i have to work 2nd shift now... i really need to try to switch shifts now... even just playin these guyz while they run drills and being on the recieving end of it cant hurt... just helps build up the XP... like i said now i need to get on either 1st or 3rd shift or weasel my way into having tuesdays off... which i doubt i can do..... oh well... i guess that is what vacation and sick time are for =)

Jonno06
03-03-2002, 06:12 PM
thats really cool.I would think having the field in the mall would get all the shoppers who see it interested in playing.And they leard its nothing like war.One my hand,i got bunkered and he overshot me....7times in by back.

virus
03-03-2002, 07:20 PM
as far as overshooting goes people there are pretty good about not doing it... and they use the bunker tag system and it seems to be working pretty good so far... and it is very spectator friendly......

HoppysMag
03-03-2002, 07:33 PM
Hey... is that field anygood? is it BYOP, or FPO? How much is field fee?. Do they have nitro? i might be going up there this sat or next sat. I hope this is better than the other Executive field...