PDA

View Full Version : Back from Skyball 2002

Vil3
03-03-2002, 06:08 PM
Well my team placed 43rd of 115 in the rookie division which isn't horrible but isn't great. The tournament and organization and development of the event was absolutely spectacular and it had great reffing and even great people! Everyone there helped one another out and was always open to new ideas. The guys at the booths were also very nice. I got to see the new ir3's (SOOO MUCH BETTER IN REAL LIFE THAN THE PICTURES) Centerflag electro cockers (fast as sin!) and many great other products. Its a great event and i give it an A+. My team was called Crazy Paint Prodogy (they mispelled the word, it was supposed to be Prodigy).I was Kind of dissapointed there were no AGD booths or products at the tournament. I saw everything else WDP, WGP, GZ intimidators (fastest gun ive ever fired) and all other new companies.

Omicron
03-03-2002, 06:35 PM
AGD was at LA NPPL

I didn't see WGP but I saw WDP, the new angels...i dont' like them, the grip frame is too vertical and the trigger is weird for me

I did like the centerflag cocker, that was pretty nice :D

But man i wish AGD was there :( I missed the AO meet too, had to go out for lunch because there was INSANE prices at the skydome. Sorry guys

Temo Vryce
03-04-2002, 09:34 AM
No there wasn't an AGD booth there, but there were a few AGD markers there. Also we had a surprise visit from an AGD Tech who shall remain nameless atr this point so they don't get into trouble. :) For those that missed the AO meet you missed out on a lot of fun. It was kinda interesting to walk into the HardRock with Xzion and see some of the AO people sitting at a table with their mags in plan sight. I have a lot of pictures from Skyball that I have to get developed and as soon as I do I'll get them up on my Webpage so as not to kill the AO server.

If you have thought about getting an AO patch or more, do so. I got 2 from Xzion and I must say that they look great and are made really well.

mykroft
03-04-2002, 10:17 AM
Well, I was there and here's my report.

1. PMI, you rock. The PMI Booth was showing Mags, they had a Classic, 2 RT Pro's (1 with Intelliframe) and an E-Mag, in addition to the new PMI Pirahna's.

2. So does Crossfire, 88/45 Stubbies for $300 CDN and Reg upgrades for $90 CDN, killer deals.

3. IR3 sucks, so does Excalibur/Viking. The new WDP Angel has the most uncomfortable grip I've evre seen, however I did like the 2002 Fly LCD variants, nice trigger on them, it's been mildly improved. The Viking is simply an open-bolt Excalibur, with the same 13bps max and 10.5 bps shipped, for 799USD bare, the very basic, unmilled but powdercoated the same colour as an old 97 cocker Viking was 1200USD, um...no thanks.

4. Centerflag Cocker, how to turn your cocker into a Spyder AMG, it's fast, but no faster than a centerflag spyder, and it feels the same, why bother.

5. Raceguns/Freeflow. Damn it's fast, too bad the unsprung trigger feels just like a Zap 600E. The new 'Flows are damn nice though, especially the Hinge ones, nice to see a custom cocker with the better Eclipse Hinge.

6. Black Dragun. Cheap and stupid fast, like 20bps fast. This little thing rocks.

7. Sentinel. A new stacked tube blow-back, dirt cheap, with Ano that puts Shocktech to shame, cocker threading, and incredibly solid build. i'd recommend this over a Pirahna anyday, it's that good. An electro-frame version is on the way.

8. 2002 Evolution Cocker. hands down the nicest cocker on the market. Eclipse Frame, Belsales internals and front-block, stupid fast and a Match ano'd Max-Flow 45/88. too bad it's $3K CDN.

9. Dye Cocker. Yummy, beautiful, Dye Hinge is as nice as the Eclipse.

10. Eclipse Angel Blade. I want one of these on a 2K2 Fly LCD in Green. An Angel Trigger I like, for less than a Cobra.

11. Zap Mach 404 loader. Ugly and stupid fast, the silly looking thing really works.

The Trade Show was pretty bare, only WDP showed out of the high-end guys, Tippman, Centerflag, Zap, Viewloader/BE, J&J, aPMI and Crossfire were the other big names, a few of the smaller guys showed too.

synreal
03-06-2002, 02:36 PM
i'll be posting more photos as i get bored and tweak them, but here are a few so far. the netting around the field caused all types of issues for my autofocus only digital camera, but some turned out alright

http://9008.adahost.com/photos.asp

Hysperion
03-06-2002, 02:53 PM
i like the pic of the angel with the kiss air.....I'm thinking about the same setup but with a dark ir3 when they come out....