PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal for a new Barrel and Mag?

Hemlock86
03-03-2002, 08:30 PM
This is a pic of my new Boomstick. You can see that the guide pin is smashing up agaist the front of the barrel groove, causing it to bur up. This was making it very hard to put the barrel on. I also loosened the pin by adjusting the screw underneather the body frame. But I took some sand paper and a metal fingernail file and smoothened the burs and worked the groove to make the barrel slide in easier. My SP Progressive doesnt have this problem..... Is this normal?

Hemlock86
03-03-2002, 08:31 PM
Here is the Boomstick next to my Progressive...You can see the SP have deeper grooves. I think Dye didnt make the Boomstick right, or something.

Load SM5
03-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Not normal but not too unusual either. I ran into a barrel that fit really tightly where all my other barrels slid in with ease. I take it you made it work ok?

Hemlock86
03-03-2002, 08:39 PM
Its definaly ALOT easier now... Yesterday on the field, I was putting all my weight into pushing it in, with no luck...I had to push really hard and wiggle it at the same time to get it in. Now it slides in with medium force and a slight wiggle(which I think is now normal).

I just wanted to make sure I wasnt hurting my mag by trying to force this barrel in. Infact, this barrel was giving me such a hard time that if I got a break(which happened alot cause of brittle paint) I would just call myself out.

peace

HoppysMag
03-03-2002, 08:50 PM
two words.
Rubber Mallet.... just kididng. my barrel did that at frist, but know its perfect. In easy, out easy.

MaxxFactor
03-03-2002, 09:32 PM
My first Boomstick had this same problem. I eventually had to replace the barrel retaining pin since it got smashed up so badly. My Dye SS works perfectly.

Fix: use a file and enlarge the front portion of the channel. That's what my airsmith did!

Army
03-03-2002, 10:28 PM
Before you take files and hammers to the barrels, double check that your front take-down screw is not extending too far into the body. It will make that same mark on your barrels and keep them from easily slipping in and locking.

epterry
03-03-2002, 10:55 PM
my power feed kept my barrel from going on if it was in the off position :cool:

Hemlock86
03-03-2002, 11:11 PM
I jammed the pin down just now messing with it so much. I fixed it but I hope it doesnt keep happening. Ill take my barrel to work and use a file there since I dont have anything decent at home. Its not the gun either, like I said, the Progressive works fine.

thx
peace

masterninja
03-04-2002, 05:07 AM
It takes me like 10 minutes to get my boomstick on or off my Emag. My BOA barrel is effortless.

Hemlock86
03-04-2002, 06:15 AM
Im going to file the crap out of it to make it Effortless. :) The Boomstick that is!