PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this gun?

Metzger
03-03-2002, 09:26 PM
I have recently been offered a 2001 shocker 4x4 for 400.... this gun comes w/ a the newest board available and a 16 AA barrel...
one catch I got to sell my mag to get it? what would you guys do... I need a gun to run CO2 because there isn't many nitro fills around here so what would you guys get?

subbeh
03-03-2002, 09:28 PM
Play front or back?

Shockers are huge...

Predater
03-03-2002, 09:31 PM
i hate shockers. all of them iv ever seen have broke multiple times. if it was going to last i think they arnt bad.

Metzger
03-03-2002, 09:40 PM
subbeh:
I play wood ball or rec stuff... so i play from reletivly long distances. I have heard shockers can have problems but there fixable. and this one has been tuned recently

MAGS own YOU
03-04-2002, 06:11 AM
Almost every body at my field has either a shocker or an impulse. Alot of those people play front and don't have problems. I have a 9 year old friend named max that had a shocker that was almost as big as him with a 16 in barrel and a 88 ci tank.

mykroft
03-04-2002, 11:53 AM
The Shocker is a great gun. The early ones had problems, but the new ones are pretty solid. As to CO2 performance, it's decent and they aren't as suseptible to freezing as some mags seem to be. Just remember you need a CO2 tank with an on/off valve, shockers need to be gassed up slow, so they don't like pin valves.

TheTramp
03-04-2002, 12:20 PM
$400 for that Shocker sounds like a good deal. I'd go for it.

Metzger
03-04-2002, 03:19 PM
thanks for all your feedback... I am most likely going to buy it this week... And what kinda CO2 tank should I get as a backup? I have some purenergy ones laying around but they aren't anti-siphon I don't think. I got nitro though which I will run on it most of the time...

Thordic
03-04-2002, 03:23 PM
You may want to pick up one of those 68 CI Co2 tanks that smart parts sells, Shockers are definite gas hogs.

Does the shocker have a vertical maxFlow? If not, it may not like the Co2 so much. Shockers were made to work on Co2, yes, but also in conjunction with a MaxFlow.

Shockers are good guns, though.

FeelTheRT
03-04-2002, 04:34 PM
thats a not bad deal. Ya Shockers are awsome, they are extreamly accurate and won't break paint. If you really do'nt mind if it's abit fat, then i say it's the perfect gun for you. It provides the speed needed for a front player and the accuracy needed to be a back player and the non-paint-choppingness for any player!