PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to AGD! on/off valve problem, double firing

shotat
03-04-2002, 12:32 PM
About 2 weeks ago I had a problem with my brnad new, just got it, RT PRO. It would shoot full auto just by barely touching the trigger and if I tried to pull the trigger really hard it would still double or triple fire a lot of times. Almost everyone said that it was me short stroking the trigger or not pulling it hard enough or it was o'rings. Well, they were wrong. I called up AGD and Tom who happened to be in the tech support department when the phone rang said that they had a problem with some on/off valves that were sent out and that the pin was 2 short. What this does is cause the trigger on the gun to be waaay to reactive. So anyway, he sent me a new on/off valve 3 day ups ground at no charge and when I installed it, "PRESTO" the problem was instantly solved. Where else can you get that kind of service? AGD will definately have me as a loyal customer for a long time to come.
Thanks again guys

Predater
03-04-2002, 12:44 PM
so i can buy a new on off pin for my rt and sand it off a little and get more reaction:D i might have to buy one and play with that. which side was to short. the long skinny side, or the short fat side.

PyRo
03-04-2002, 02:00 PM
RT on-off pins are very sensetive. A few thousands of an inch will make a BIG differance in the reactivness. Just don't go to crazy or you will mess it up. I would recommend an ajustable tank over messing with the pin (higher input pressure=more reactive). If you are going to mess with the pin, be sure to have a spare incase you mess up.

Predater
03-04-2002, 07:04 PM
i have a nitroduck megareg that is adjustible. if i did attempt this i would probably have 3 or 4 pins just in case. im caushus.

Gunga
03-04-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Predater
so i can buy a new on off pin for my rt and sand it off a little and get more reaction:D i might have to buy one and play with that. which side was to short. the long skinny side, or the short fat side.

You'd take some off of the skinny end of the on/off pin. But...not a lot. As little as 5 thousanths of an inch can make a big difference!