PDA

View Full Version : Safety of Medusa Frame ?

xmodel94
03-07-2023, 08:05 AM
I am the new owner of a medusa frame... i plan to use it on one of my mags but i am wondering what kind of safety i need to get for it? it looks like it uses the same ball-spring-set screw as inteli frames but the hole for the safety itself is much larger.

Thanks in advance!

Walker
03-07-2023, 03:37 PM
Since the Medusa was made by ProTeam/Benchmark, it probably takes one of the Benchmark safetys. You might contact Forest at PTP, he might be able to source one...

Nobody
03-07-2023, 06:34 PM
Yes, it is a benchmark frame and should take a PTP safety. With that said, on regular benchmark and their safeties are awful, it is probably better to leave it out of the frame, IMO. Instead of a cross pin block, it hangs out and easily slides in to safe the gun when you least expect it.

Walker
03-07-2023, 08:25 PM
Yes, it is a benchmark frame and should take a PTP safety. With that said, on regular benchmark and their safeties are awful, it is probably better to leave it out of the frame, IMO. Instead of a cross pin block, it hangs out and easily slides in to safe the gun when you least expect it.

I leave them in, but override them by putting an oring behind the pull knob when in the fire position. :)