PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Lettering

Paintballer86
03-04-2002, 01:40 PM
Hey all-
Does anyone know where I can get my name on the back of my jersey for a reletivley inexpensive price? Like 20-25 bucks. Any info would be great. Thanks guys

Jonno06
03-04-2002, 02:11 PM
iam pretty positive that www.JTusa.com sells packs of lettering that you,yourself,put on the jersey.They have packs of letters and numbers,check it out.

Scooter/Cootie
03-04-2002, 02:27 PM
Smartparts has a new system for adding text to jerseys (or any clothing for that matter). I heard it's supposed to be pretty cheap. Check it out at http://www.smartparts.com/

Paintballer86
03-04-2002, 03:34 PM
u
up
upu
upup
upupu
upupup
upupupu
upupupup
upupupupu
upupup
upupup
upupup
upupup
upupup
upupup
upupup
upupup
Please, any more help guys?

shartley
03-04-2002, 03:52 PM
Jonno06

iam pretty positive that www.JTusa.com sells packs of lettering that you,yourself,put on the jersey.They have packs of letters and numbers,check it out.
Here is what JT's site says:

Custom Lettering

This is a new option from JT that allows you to choose your design style for your name & number on the back of your jersey to give your team its iwn identity. This is another exclusive available only through JT! This option is only available applied at the factory.

Price- $19.99
Now unless you saw it someplace else on their site, it is not a kit that allows you to do it yourself since it is only available applied at the factory. :)

Paintballer86
What I would suggest is finding a good sewing shop and getting some high quality cloth letters that are iron/sew type. It is easier to position them and iron them on, and THEN go over them by sewing. You may be able to use your local yellow pages and call around for them, or find them online. If you have no luck, I would be more than happy to do a quick search for you… but prefer if you at least give it a shot first. ;)

rpm07
03-04-2002, 06:32 PM
I just had mine done I had my name and number put on the back it cost $8.00 I went to a sport shop that sells baseball uniforms they did it so check out you local shops

Jonno06
03-04-2002, 06:38 PM
thanx shartley for cleaning that up.I actually saw that in an advertisement for JT back in the 97 issue of PGI,sorry about confusion

Skoad
03-04-2002, 08:49 PM
i like jerseys

shartley
03-05-2002, 05:29 AM
Jonno06
No problem. It is a good idea though. :)

shartley
03-05-2002, 08:13 AM
Okay…..

If you want letters that you can iron on, and the sew for extra strength, you can get them at Michael’s (A Craft Shop).
http://www.michaels.com

I personally called them because I could not find them on their site, and they confirmed that they DO sell the letters.

They come in two sizes – 1 ¼ inch high and 2 inches high.
They come in WHITE / RED / BLACK / YELLOW / BLUE (all bordered in white).
They are BLOCK style font, so they should work just fine.

You buy them one at a time ($0.69 for small $1.19 for large) just pick out what you need.

You can visit their site and use their store locator at
http://www.michaels.com/online/departments/localstore/local_store.htm

I would call first to see if they have them in stock before you actually go to the store. They said that if they do not, they can order them for you and have them ready for you when you come.

I hope this helps.

cphilip
03-05-2002, 08:18 AM
Shartley = Martha Stewart

:D

shartley
03-05-2002, 08:34 AM
LOL Want a good recipe too? ;)

BAM! :D

cphilip
03-05-2002, 08:36 AM
For Paintball pie...

I bet you can make jersey lettering out of cake frosting too?

shartley
03-05-2002, 08:44 AM
Actually I prefer white chocolate bordered by dark (or the other way around). It tends to hold up better than frosting. Of course both are only good when used in cooler weather. ;)

And it is best served with a couple cans of Woop….. um… Ale. ;)

lopxtc
03-05-2002, 08:47 AM
My team uses lettering from http://www.aapaintball.com

Aaron

Clare
03-05-2002, 08:50 AM
lopxtc,

how's the lettering? is it good quality and does it look like it can come off easily? I've ordered stickers from aapaintball and was thinking of ordering lettering for a couple jerseys from there but wasn't sure of the quality.

lopxtc
03-05-2002, 08:52 AM
So far it has held up good ... I do recommend that you wash on gentle and then let it hang dry ... that will make it last the best ...

I like them best for their choices in fonts and to be able to pick length/height and so on ...

By the way CaPoEiRa ... I saw your pics earlier ... nice mag you have :)

Aaron

Clare
03-05-2002, 08:56 AM
lopxtc

ignore my pm, didnt think you'd respond so fast :D
hmmmm I might order from aapaintball after all

saw your pics earlier ... nice mag you have Thanks!! :D

shartley
03-05-2002, 08:57 AM
Yes, those would work too..... depends on what you are after. I doubt they would hold up anywhere as good as classic cloth lettering, but they look fast and easy. Yet another option. :)

lopxtc
03-05-2002, 09:04 AM
From talking to some people, they didnt recommend using sewn on letters with the material ... usually the newer jersies are a thin material that they didnt think would hold up to well to sewing. Something about if they got caught on something they could pull off and rip the jersey pretty easy. These iron on ones have held up through almost 7-8 months of heavy useage and washings ...

Aaron

shartley
03-05-2002, 09:31 AM
Great points!

So, it sounds like crappy jerseys out there are limiting the options for quality lettering. That would make the JERSEY the problem, not the lettering.

Note: If you own a thin crappy jersey, don’t use quality sewn letters. Again we see how people “settle” for crap in paintball. Wonder why football and hockey jerseys hold up to sewn letters? Heaven knows that THEY don’t have to worry about snagging on anything…. Right?

I suggest buying both a good quality jersey, AND good quality lettering. After all, most sporting shops sew on the letters when done in-house (from what I have seen). And if the Jersey would not hold up well when the “letter” got snagged on something, how will it hold up if ANY part of it got snagged? How about all the equipment you wear?

Somehow I see a flaw in that logic (about letters snagging and causing problems). You are in a sport the involves sliding, falling, skidding, and yes you WILL rub up against things (which cause the “snags”).. and if you are worried about sewn letters causing a problem, you have the wrong Jersey. And heaven help you when you play Woods Ball.

But to each their own… go cheap if you like. ;)

(Added: Please do not take my comment about “cheap” as an insult. Thin Jerseys work well and are lighter. But in the scale of quality, they just are not as durable as thicker ones. This goes for all equipment and clothing, for all sports and activities, not just paintball…. There are many ranges of materials available. Go with what you can afford, what strength matches your style of play, and what works for YOU. But honestly, if the jersey has a “sewing” issue, it will have other issues as well.)