PDA

View Full Version : How Many Warps at Skyball??

AGD
03-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Guys,

I am getting different reports that Warps were very popular at Skyball this year. I am trying to figure out what percentage so if you were there please vote!

Thanks

AGD

Potatoboy
03-04-2002, 04:14 PM
To the best of my memory, about 12-14% of the markers I was had a warp.

Also, the VL/BE booth had a warp with a eVoLution attached with the hose leading back into the hopper. I assume it was to demo the constant feed rate of the eVo, but it got a lot of questions about the warp.

Oh, and I heard about 10 people asking where the AGD booth was.

i-luv-my-rt
03-04-2002, 04:28 PM
Most of the warps i saw WERE NOT ON AGD GUNS!!!!! It was amazing i saw alot of angels and impulses with warps. There were a few cockers and bushy's. All around i would say there was 50-75 warps there. Not bad alot more then I have seen in the past!!!

hitech
03-04-2002, 04:57 PM
You guys need to keep this warp thing quite. If everyone has one then I'll no longer have an advantage! ;)

nerobro
03-04-2002, 05:08 PM
well... I was shooting an e-mag with warp my last game ;-) Though.. I have some bad storys to tell about that. the paint was sticky, so it jammed in the warp.. and it would get stuck in the halo.

-series-
03-04-2002, 05:21 PM
It could have been just me but it was almost like i was seeing one everywhere i turned. Some teams had 5 and a LOT of teams had AT LEAST one guy using one.

zvanut
03-04-2002, 05:46 PM
was anyone selling them there? PTP AGD or both?

nutz
03-04-2002, 06:15 PM
i know tom's hoping for a huge turn out of warps this year!

the123
03-04-2002, 07:20 PM
there weren't as many as I have liked to have seen, but i'd say it was near the 10% or less mark

bwhite1
03-04-2002, 08:16 PM
I had mine running , Nerobro had his jamming ( i think it was the paint doing it , his was halo fed, mine was Revy fed ) I played the AM session, he played the PM session.

MagMaster2
03-04-2002, 08:29 PM
To tell you the truth I didn't see very many warps there at all???

mykroft
03-05-2002, 09:27 AM
I saw a bunch. Premium and Champions were selling them, Badlands wasn't (Trev didn't bring enough stock on anything). I know CPPA Riot had a player running one on his Shocker, a lot of back guys were using them. Drizit of course was wandering around everywhere with his Warped Phase 1 Micro.

Drizit
03-05-2002, 09:46 AM
hey you gota advertise. :D

and i did see several warps on the field, but it wasn't an overpowering number. some people just don't like it.

orderofreason will only use it on his shocker, he likes the way it feels there but hates it on his matrix. go fig.

Temo Vryce
03-05-2002, 10:25 AM
Drizit that front grip of yours looks really wierd but Man is it comfortable.

Bartman
03-05-2002, 11:05 AM
We had 2 on our team,

1 cocker
1 emag (till the emag went down) but I fixed it with somehelp from John.

So our team was like 40%. A freinds team had problems feeding the paint, but I have no Idea why.

Tom, hope this helps a little, catch you in the middle.

Bartman
Team I Have No idea
www.ihni.org

Muzikman
03-05-2002, 04:14 PM
Well, that would be my Emag that NeroBro was having problems with. The funny thing was, I went home, dumped some of the Skyball paint he gave me in it, let the gun sit for a half an hour (he said it was sticking in the halo). Picked up the gun and ripped about 50 balls, layed the gun down again and came back and ripped another 50. I had no problems. I think it was my gun getting Nerobro back for blowing the on/off and burst disk in my 114/3k Apoc system:)

But all in all, I did not see that many warps. I watch quite a few games from my room and I was shocked at how few I saw. Thats given that I could only see the front 4 fields, I couldn't even make out the type of gun on the last two.

nerobro
03-05-2002, 04:43 PM
This is not unheardof in my experience with mechanical things. if I do something stupid, it, or it's relieitve will take revenge on me.

Xzion
03-05-2002, 05:10 PM
The only warps I personally saw at skyball, were my warp, Drizit's warp and the one that BE had their 'improved' Evolution loader being demoed on.

Muzikman
03-05-2002, 05:15 PM
Hey!!! He made it home...How was the train trip?

Xzion
03-05-2002, 05:19 PM
LoL Yeah, I made it home in one piece.... once I got to the train station it was smooth sailing.... the trip itself gave me the perfect opprotunity to read some more of my novel :)

Oh, and Thanx again for all your help Muzikman.... it was greatly appreciated! :)

orderofreason
03-06-2002, 10:39 AM
Yeah, there were some warps there....not a lot.

The reason i can't use the warp on the matrix is because it gets in the way of the Maxflo 4500 input. Otherwise it would rip.

My shocker kills with it.

order

Drizit
03-06-2002, 01:31 PM
hey Xzion what happed to you man, you dissapeared on me when i was talking to the guy form NPS, and i couldn't find you after that. i would have given you a ride home on sunday.

and Temo do you know what every newbie who grabs that gun tells me i should do with it? point it straight out the the left so i could use it like an old WW2 machine gun (i don't know the designation but you know what i'm talking about)

i-luv-my-rt
03-06-2002, 05:33 PM
Well i was there looking for you guys forever and didnt see anyone so my loss. There really werent many warps i guess i just kept seeing the same ones over and over again.

raehl
03-08-2002, 02:11 PM
Easily less than 10%. I was using mine, but no one on any of the teams I played had one. (This in the Novice bracket.) I honestly don't recall seeing any other warps while I was there, in the AM session.

I played all but one game with the warp, that game I hadda go to a backup because the gauge on the Max-Flow I had bought blew out right before a game and I had to go to a backup.

I did have to mount the max flo way back because the WF blocks out the fill nipple. I had been using a preset but the ASA messed up the threads and I couldn't get it screwed back in.

The warp performed flawlessly though. For once, the disks actually spun past the paint (although I don't have problems when it doesn't either.) I think it got me some eliminations I wouldn't have had if I needed to worry about the hopper being out from cover.

- Chris

tranman
03-08-2002, 06:27 PM
I did not see one warp for sale at any of the booths there. The only one i saw at a booth was the one at BE/Viewloaders table showing the evolution. I really wanted to buy a warp there too and an intelliframe but none were for sale.

Xzion
03-08-2002, 09:17 PM
Drizit; I took the train home, I woulda said something but it was sorta last minute... I decided to take the train as I wasnt feeling all that great, and worse when I got home... sorry for bailing on you, hope we get a chance to play another time. ;)

Drizit
03-19-2002, 10:31 AM
hey no prob xzion, i was just wondering if you did make it. tranman did you check at the bad lands and champions booths? i would have thought that one of them would bring a PTP warp. and i saw an AGD one at the Premium booth.