PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve vs. Normal Valve

clanger
03-04-2002, 11:35 PM
I was just wondering if some of you more knowledgeable people could tell me what exactly makes a retro valve better then a normal valve, if its worth upgrading to one, and if anyone could explain the differences between the 68 automag, rt automag, and emag.

Thanks all!

chris

Miscue
03-04-2002, 11:43 PM
Input pressure pushes the pin back out with a RetroValve... giving you reactive trigger. Recharges much faster, requires HPA.

PAINTBALLA01
03-04-2002, 11:56 PM
in eaiser terms the retro valve has to have nitrogen. after pulling the trigger, the retro valve bounces the trigger back into place

Butterfingers
03-05-2002, 12:25 AM
It makes your automag into an automag RT.

Reactive trigger, no shootdown, most advanced and best performing valve system in the industry.

Havoc_online
03-05-2002, 06:20 AM
what the Retro valve does in case it was'nt clear enough is it pushes the trigger out harder than you have to pull it so if you hold the trigger down on its "sweet spot" then you can go into full auto mode. this can be done and the valve can recharge so fast that it won't lose range(shoot down) because of lack of pressure to cycle the gun again. you can only use this valve with nitrogen though and you need an higher input than the non-reto valve (800-850 recommended) to get the reactive effect.

the classic valve can be used with co2(can be, but works better with nitro) or nitro. it can operate at lower pressures, has high rates of fire, but can go through shoot-down, has no reactive effect.

clanger
03-05-2002, 09:38 AM
an the emag is an electro version?

Restola
03-05-2002, 09:40 AM
i thought the retro isnt allowed to push back harder than is required to pull the trigger. isnt that was tippmann's rt valve does and thats why its not allowed in tournys?

Miscue
03-05-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by clanger
an the emag is an electro version?

Pretty much. Also only hybrid gun that can switch to mechanical.

gibby
03-05-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Restola
i thought the retro isnt allowed to push back harder than is required to pull the trigger. isnt that was tippmann's rt valve does and thats why its not allowed in tournys?

I believe the Tippman RT valve fires once when you pull, and once when you release causing you to fire twice in once cycle(not tourney legal). The Automag RT valve only fires once per cycle making it one ball per trigger pull(tourney legal).

Hemlock86
03-05-2002, 01:00 PM
So if you pull the trigger with the RT valve, you wont be able to hold the trigger in? The RT valves should be the standard now in Automags. I dont understand how it could be that more expensive then the stovk valve....but then again, I dunno much about the valves so Ill shut up :cool: .

mykroft
03-05-2002, 01:36 PM
The main reason the ReTro Valve isn't stock on all Mags is some people still want/have to run CO2, and it simply doesn't work on CO2, unless you want to rebuild the gun every game.

Xzion
03-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Ok, what makes the valves differ from eachother, is with the A.I.R. valve, found in the 68 Automags and Minimags, the input pressure is regulated down to around 400 PSI, and then the regulated air is allowed to fill the air chamber which will push the bolt forward, and fire the ball.

Where as the RT valve, found in the E-Mag, RT PRO, and ReTro Valve use full input pressure to fill the air chamber, THEN regulate the air down to around 400 PSI once the on/off pin seals off the air chamber. When the trigger is pulled sealing off the air chamber and allowing the bolt to move forward, putting the ball into the barrel, and expelling the ball with the regulated air in the air chamber. Holding the trigger down will keep the on/off pin seated in the o-ring, but when you releace the trigger, the air rushing in at tank input pressure, the on/off pin is forced downward, therefore forcing the trigger back into the starting position, and filling the air chamber, all in a hundreth of a second due to the fact everything is being done at full input pressure, THEN regulated down to around 400 PSI, complete opposite of the A.I.R. valve.

As for the reason the Tippmann RT system is illegal in tournies, is because unlike the AGD RT valve, the Tippmann runs in 'run away mode' all the time, which it is designed to do to create the reactive trigger. With the AGD RT valve, it -can- be fine tuned to run in run away mode, but it wasnt intended to do so, its sort of something that just happens. So, as long as your AGD RT Valve isn't operating in run away mode, it should be legal in just about all informed tournies.

For my ReTro Valve, I run it at 800 PSI, which gives it a rather reactive trigger, which doesnt go into run away mode.

ramirezdad
03-05-2002, 03:46 PM
I've been told the Retro Valve experiences shoot up, rather than shoot down. This seems to be further documented by the AGD chrono instructions which attempts to simulate rapid firing by holding down the trigger then doing a quick release and pull. Oddly, the E-Mag's chrono instructions don't contain this same instruction, even though it is the same valve. Perhaps someone can shed some light on this inconsistency for me.

mykroft
03-05-2002, 04:13 PM
The simple reason the E-Mag's instructions don't have that is you can't do that in E-Mode. Personally I'd still crony it in Manual, with the RT procedure.