PDA

View Full Version : Party Statistics and Recap

AGD
03-04-2002, 11:38 PM
AO,

The Pop Contest Party was a huge success! I was feeling pretty good today after getting in a big military order so I decided to share the feeling and hold a pop contest for an Emag tonight. I told everyone I would only give away the Emag if we broke the forum online record. As it turns out we blew it away with the new record now at 257. I would like to point out that this is about half of PBN's record.

For a warm up contest we gave away a Warp without incident.
The forum slowed down so bad I tried to move the contest posts for the Emag to PBN with disastrous results. We started slowing the server to a crawl and people in chat were reporting that we killed PBN. Needless to say this scared the crap out of me as I envisioned being arrested the next day. I desperately tried to stop the AO Hoard from posting while I tried to get in touch with Miscue. Miscue had started the original post and was the only person who could delete the whole thing. Cue was doing his homework and not paying attention. We did finally get the post deleted and things got back to normal. I am formally apologizing to PBN for causing problems and promise not to bother them again.

The chat room was cooking with about 150 people online. I think this was another record. We did the "Emag chant" which you can see an excerpt of in another post. I really got a big kick out of that so we did it a couple of times. After it was all over MajorDamage got the Wave going and they went through the whole alphabet. People just don't know how much fun you can have at an Internet party!

The only disappointing part was the sore losers that swore in the chat room after the Emag winner was announced. Some of them came to the forum and apologized right after so we accept that and welcome them to AO. For the rest of you guess what, we don't need you or your attitude here, please go away.

This was a pop contest and if you missed it we are sorry but you just have to learn to come here every day! Internet time is very short compared to the real world so we like to keep it lively.

This was a great warm up for the WLIPP and now all the new guys know about the "Chant" and the "Wave"! When Amy comes to the WLIPP we can do the "AMY" chant and really get her going!

Some final stats,
New AO record for posts in one day 2011
New record for new member sign up in one day 40 (come back now, ya hear!)
New record for people in the forum at 257
New record for number of different members visting at 545
New record for chat room at (I think) 150

Thanks AO, you always make it interesting!

AGD

Clare
03-05-2002, 12:08 AM
just happy to be part of the "new records"... cept I wasn't able to get into the chatroom :( and most of the time I was pulling my hair out trying to post! :p ..it was still fun! :D

-clare

MikeCouves
03-05-2002, 05:31 AM
Yeah that was really fun! Thanks alot Tom it was really great!

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-05-2002, 07:19 AM
New record for Thanking/Forgiving Tom!

cphilip
03-05-2002, 07:27 AM
And look at the mess you guys left me to clean up this morning! You know your mother don't live here!!!!!

Just kidding... glad you guys had fun. Congrats to all the winners and the losers too! :)

Johnny Bravo
03-05-2002, 08:50 AM
Thanks Tom, that was some good fun.

I just hope that we don't have those few immature AO members at the WLIPP.

Skoad
03-05-2002, 09:04 AM
Did we break any records on PBN??
:)

mrhooie
03-05-2002, 09:20 AM
Thanks again Tom - great way to kill an evening.

Sorry about my 'post-mates' crying about it going to long and the profanity that flew..

I agree 100% with you when you say For the rest of you guess what, we don't need you or your attitude here, please go away.

Can't wait for the WLIPP (got my invitation email this AM)

cphilip - sorry you weren't there :(

Riotz
03-05-2002, 11:43 AM
Hey Congrats to the winners!

What was the formula for the emag contest? My connection got messed up just as Tom was about to explain it.

TigerMan
03-05-2002, 03:41 PM
Tom, thank you for being such a great guy. You are a one of a kind in the business. I have not heard of anybody else of your stature in the business running an internet discussion board, taking intake from the users on future products and current ones, posting daily, letting members have internet/factory paintball parties, and having contests and pop contests with great prizes that are quite generous of you to give away. You truly are one of a kind. Thanks for the great party last night and thanks for everything here at AO and at AGD!

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-05-2002, 04:39 PM
sorry tom. i think u may be able to figue out who i am

tazman
03-05-2002, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the party Tom, It was fun until my ISP Died on me,(I really hate dial up to slow on the refresh rate).

I can't wait until the 23 of March is sould be really huge.

Vegeta
03-05-2002, 07:03 PM
I WAS THERE!

"Vegeta~AO brought the KEG!"

Man it was a great night.. I had to leave a bit early after being wooed off the computer. But it was still great fun... man that chat goes WILD when Tom comes in. I like it when its just 5 people in there when toms in there... more private... o well.

kemikos
03-05-2002, 08:34 PM
Emags ROCK!!

Oops, sorry, wrong thread. ;)