PDA

View Full Version : problems with tear drop barrel

Kevmag
03-05-2002, 12:05 AM
I got a new barrel (Smart Parts Tear Drop) for my new E-Mag. Unfortunately, I can't twist it completely on. It gets about half way (1/8 of a twist) and gets stuck.

Looks like there is a little too much metal on the twist groove. I'm afraid to force it as it might get stuck. Any suggestions? Dremel?

I thought I read a similar post, but I can't remember which barrel and no matches with the search.

Kevmag
03-05-2002, 08:50 AM
To put the barrel on, twist very hard.

To remove, twist very hard.

The barrel groove gets scratched up (like a notch), but I guess this is normal for aftermarket barrels?

cphilip
03-05-2002, 08:57 AM
Well one of two things on the mag to try first before concluding itts the groves in the barrel:

A) Adjust the barrel detant in the rail. It has a an allen key on the bottom side of it to adjsut its height in the rail.

B) Retract the front grip screw about two or three turns and try to put the barrel in. If it works and goes on good then place a washer between the screw head and the grip to make this screw shorter. Try this one first then the barrel detante adjustment. Then let us know how it's going.

Kevmag
03-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Thanks for your recommendations. Should I try these suggestions even if the stock barrel works fine (easy on/off)?

I'd hate to fix one problem and cause another...

cphilip
03-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Yes, you might just to narrow the problem down and you might find a compromize fit between the two. One where your stock will still lock into place with a little more room for the SP barrel as well. And oil up those barrel O-rings too while your at it.