PDA

View Full Version : working at night sucks

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-05-2002, 12:47 AM
again i come online at 1 in the morning to find out all the cool stuff is gone. wish i could get a day job but i guess i'll just have to stick with what i have. anywho i'm reading the posts and the aftermath and whatnot, and i can't decide if all of this is a good thing or bad thing.

tom kaye is a nice and generous person. despite what he has to put up wiht and go through, he never loses his vision for this site nor his dedication to it and us. i know it doesn't seem much since i'm really insignifigant, but he's earned my respect. not something easily done, especially for someone i never have met.

the thing that gets to me is these little giveaways. the few that win are going to be happy as anything. the majority here(we all know who they consist of) will be happy for them and move on. but then there are the few that actually get angry that they didn't win. then to express it to the person generous enough to actually give them a slight chance to win something, is just amazing. sure, i feel jealous that they won i didn't. sure i wish i could be getting a free warp or emag. but to get angry at someone for losing, get real.

now as i said, i can't figure out if this is a good thing or bad. sure you're going to make one or two people really happy, and the rest of us MATURE people can live with that. what about all those childish little kids that didn't get there toys? is it worth it? to have to sit there and listen to these kids bad mouth me after i just did them a favor, would completely piss me off. if i were in his shoes, i definitely would have banned them or something. i guess i'm just not as forgiving. i just don't understand how people can be upset over not getting something they didn't earn or probably deserve.

omni
03-05-2002, 06:31 AM
I work at nite too, I often miss these POP contests and Partys. I was 15 mins late for work because I was trying to win that E-mag :) :P I wasn't around for the after party as I had to boot it to work, I'm home now and just found out who won.

I wont be able to be here for the March 23 Net party .. fooie

skipdogg
03-05-2002, 08:03 AM
well, if you work during the day but don't log on at night - you miss stuff too. All us "slackers" that only check this site during the day usually arn't on at night either :(

virus
03-05-2002, 10:04 AM
then there are times when TK sayes that the party is later that nite.... and i work 2nd shift untill 10:30... i made it to the party but only cuz i came straight home jumped on here, saw how many people where online in the fourm and quickly jumped into the chat.... at least i got to see who won the emag....

now on a good note.... the WLIP is going to be on a sat.... i'm gonna be off for that one... hopefully you guys will be also....

and like one said earlier... we should all thank TK for at least giving us somewhat of a chance to win AGD products.... now if we could all get bankers hours we would be all set ;)

mykroft
03-05-2002, 11:58 AM
Well, I prefer night shifts. The 1pm-11pm shift is by far my favourite. I can sleep in and go out after work. 9-5 sucks balls, especially when the only good DJ locally plays Thursdays.