PDA

View Full Version : Automag Vs. Minimag

AcemanPB
03-05-2002, 03:10 PM
after a deciding to get a cocker, mag, or impulse i have decided to go with the mag. but as i was looking at them a few questions came up that i hope yall can answer

what are all the differences between automag and minimag
(are there parts interchangable, is one better than the other)

how well does a mag run off co2?

what are some aftermarket parts you would recomend to put on a classic or minimag (i'll be running co2, hpa as soon as i can get a job)

oh and anybody who lives in the middle Georgia area should come play with us

Xzion
03-05-2002, 03:59 PM
what are all the differences between automag and minimag (are there parts interchangable, is one better than the other)

The differences are as follows, The minimag comes with the extended milled body, vertical ASA, four warrenty stars, moulded rubber grips, and the word "Minimag" on the valve.

Aside from that, the Minimag and 68 Automag valves are literally exactly the same, and everything between the two markers can be interchanged.

how well does a mag run off co2?

As long as you can keep liquid CO2 out of the valve, it will work fine. Use of good Expansion Chamber, and/or an anti-siphon tube would probably work well, some also use remotes, or long, coiled steel braided hose to help keep liquid C02 out.

what are some aftermarket parts you would recomend to put on a classic or minimag (i'll be running co2, hpa as soon as i can get a job)

Well, Nitro would be my first reccomendation, then perhaps a ReTro Valve and aftermarket 2X grip frame, I suggest the AGD Intelliframe or Z-Grip, both are very good..... then theres things like a Warp Feed and perhaps some more astetically pleasing parts, should they tickle your fancy.

Hope this helps some.

Vex
03-05-2002, 04:45 PM
If you can get a power feed Classic 68 for cheaper than a Minimag, I would go with that one. That way you have more money for upgrades! :D
However, I personally have a Minimag, and I love it to death, and I will recommend it to anyone. So I guess that I gave you two recommendations...Damn! As if your choice isn't difficult enough already...:(

AcemanPB
03-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the info, i probably will get the minimag found one for about 280 (new) that saves me some money for a nice barrel and drop foward

Vex
03-05-2002, 05:03 PM
That's a REALLY GOOD price! Jump all over that one.

:D