PDA

View Full Version : Another idea for AGD..

Nitroduck
03-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Ok, most of what Im saying is what Mykroft posted earlier, but I think he's right on the money with his ideas about Extreme Bodies and lower priced Automags.

Anyways, heres some sugguestions Tom.

As we all know, AGD made the Mag 12 some years ago......Not much has been changed since the Level 7 Mag (aside from the long nose bolt). I think that AGD should totally revamp the Automag and incorporate the new Extreme Bodies onto Level 8 Mags.

I said 3 years ago that sooner or later, the next big thing would be removable breeches (not everyone likes VF, PF or RF)...

Anyways, I think AGD could tear a big chunk into the lower priced tournament marker level ($375-$550) level by producing a Mag with the following things on it.

Extreme Body (I know the base price on Mags would go up, but if I remember right, a PF body is going for $120, and a body rail is going for around $50...Since Extreme bodies are $300, if AGD could produce a Extreme body and still be within the $550 limits, it'd be great)

2x trigger frame (doesnt quite have to be intelli, but if AGD did in fact make a intelliframe standard, and anodized to match a Extreme body, you could get alot more sales)

ASA threaded front grip (or VRA for people who might want to put a gas-thru stock), and introduce a AGD front grip anodized to match

RT barrel on gun (or maybe cut a deal with some other company for a 'custom aftermarket barrel designed for the new automag' like a CP or something).

Then try to find a way around the Mag being unique (I think thats one reason I don't see too many tourney players using the lower end mags.....In this day and age, people want their gun to be theirs).

Might be a good idea to offer 'custom incentives' for people willing to pay extra for a custom anodizing pattern, or special milling like ICD......As well as a dealer program for thier own edition X-Mags (similar to what WDP does with Angels, and Smart Parts does for Impulses) as well as incentives for flatlines anodized to match guns for custom packages.

So in summary......Why not produce a nice new Mag thats both very good in preformance AND pretty?

rebel_bob
03-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Yes that sounds really good! I woould buy a mag extreme body to put on my mag and make it look 2x as nice as it already is:D

but good thoughts Nitroduck. Removable breech would help alot!!

mykroft
03-05-2002, 03:43 PM
Another possibility is to eliminate the removable breech on the lower end models, that should save a fair bit of cash on the milling. I'd also prefer to see a 1x 45 frame on the lower-end models, it provides more differentiation between the two lines. Aftermarket Barrels are fairly easy, the Extreme's barrel is a PMI product, and J&J specs barrels for several OEMs, My Defiant has a modified J&J 2-piece as a stock barrel, STO's have J&J's. CP is the other option, they produce barrels for RAS (Intruder), Diablo (Matrix), MacDev (Sonic Bushy & A/C) among others, I'd rather see the J&J of course. Powerlyte would be another option, nice 2-Piece BoomStick style barrels.

Another idea is removable V/F necks, use either Angel or 2k2 Cocker threading for compatibility, this means the nice after-market High-rises aree available, as well as low-rises.

soilent green
03-05-2002, 05:06 PM
good ideas

Miscue
03-05-2002, 05:58 PM
There's gonna be some big changes... they're working on it as fast as they can. One step at a time. :)

theraidenproject
03-05-2002, 06:05 PM
i think it sounds like it would be more likely to be in the $500s, so wouldn't you be cutting into the RT Pro market? If both were out, and I had the cash to burn, I would take the RT. personally, I would rather have the better performance of the RT than a pretty mag. But I do not represent the majority, and i think your idea would still work, it would add more sales than it would cannibalize. I'm not trying to criticize, thoguh, your idea is really cool, and if it was 300-400s, i would take it, no question.