PDA

View Full Version : I am one lucky guy

Blennidae
03-05-2002, 05:38 PM
As the official winner of yesterdays Emag pop contest, I would again like to thank Tom and everyone at AGD.

I am still in a bit of shock. I was upset to hear of the poor behavior of some people. I didn't really see much of it in chat, as right after Tom announced I was the winner, I received a few personal messages congratulating me. I can't remember all of them, due to my stunned condition, but you know who you are.

As for winning, I just got lucky. I have missed out on pop contests before. This time I was able to participate. The people who were poor losers should remember that the idea behind this was for fun. We as a community are very lucky to have these opportunities. AO is a global community. You can't please everyone all the time. Tom didn't owe any of us an Emag. The real poor losers probably will never see this. They really aren't part of the community, they were just trying to get a free Emag.

I think more AO people were happy they even had the opportunity for such a great prize, all just for being members of a web forum.

Tom, thanks again.

Everyone else, I promise I won't try to win the other Emag during the WLIPP. Not because I don't want it, but because if I were to get that lucky again, I'd probably be struck by lightning shortly afterwards...

davej946
03-05-2002, 05:59 PM
:rolleyes: [STUPID QUESTION]What is WLIPP?[/STUPID QUESTION] :rolleyes:

Thanks ~

2UnREal
03-05-2002, 06:07 PM
I was thinking it meant Worlds Largest Internet Party until I saw the second "P". Worlds Largest Internet Paintball Party?

2UnREal
03-05-2002, 06:12 PM
BTW, congrats to you Blennidae for winning!

Newbie505
03-05-2002, 06:34 PM
Congrats! TK and AO is a great organization.

Just curious, why kind of marker set up are you using now? How do you plan to set up your Emag?

Blennidae
03-05-2002, 06:34 PM
2UnREal is correct, Worlds Largest Internet Paintball Party. At least thats what I think it stands for. Only AGD knows for sure.

2UnREal
03-05-2002, 06:43 PM
Yeah it is Worlds Largest Internet Paintball Party. I saw it on the top of this page.

Blennidae
03-05-2002, 06:44 PM
Newbie505,

Its funny you ask. I have recently been upgrading (with the help of many AO traders) my vintage 1994 Minimag. I upgraded enough parts to pretty much rebuild a 2nd Minimag. I hadn't even finished with all the upgrades yet. The upgraded Mini has a polished h/r body, a retro, 68/3k flatline and a 12v revvy. Soon to have a nickel blade intelliframe, as soon as Donggie gets his shipment in. I suppose it will become my backup/loaner.

I'm sure everyone now hates me even more now...

I haven't put much thought into how I'll set up the Emag. The flatline and revvy I already own will be used on it. I'm debating on getting a warp feed.

I'm open to suggestions on barrels and such.

Mango
03-05-2002, 06:51 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That so rocks that you won the emag!! I sat out the contest cause I already am the happy owner of an E-mag, so I wanted to let someone, like yourself, get in on the fun. I was in the chat for a while, but just stayed on AO to get he count up.

Oh, as for the E-mag, putting a warp on it is nice, but I took mine off cause I like the balance of the powerfeed and Halo on top. The warp adds about a pound to the gun, but makes for a MUCH smaller target when coming around bunkers and such. So its up to you, try both and see what you like! Other than that, your set with the flatline. Make sure you find a secure way to keep track of the battery pin! And get a nice Freak or CP barrel kit. Maybe a superbolt later if your low on cash. I think the most important investment would be the Freak or CP or J&J Barrel kit. Then you have no worries about paint size. Since I got my kits, I've been so so happy. :)

Enjoy the gun!!!!

rebel_bob
03-05-2002, 06:58 PM
Just curious did you get to pick the type of e-mag you wanted like color and p/f or vertical?

and do you know what Tom's winning number post thing was??

Blennidae
03-05-2002, 07:04 PM
I didn't get to pick the color, but its my option on feed. I'll probably go with hopper right, so I have the option of warp feed.

I don't know what number Tom picked. I was able to get 4 posts in.

rebel_bob
03-05-2002, 07:21 PM
Oh ok thanks for answering my questions

Your one lucky guy to win a 1000$ paintball gun hope you have fun with it:)

Newbie505
03-05-2002, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a sweet set up for the Mini, and now with the Emag, I always want to be on your team from now on. Have fun with all your Mags. Congrats again.

oneshot
03-05-2002, 08:09 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, lets get some pics posted when you get it:D