PDA

View Full Version : Why Super bolts realy SUCK!

jarvisthemonkey
03-05-2002, 06:39 PM
I got my SFL, and the "Super Bolt" Broke the first time I used it.
I got my replacment bolt and the D*** thing does not even fit into the God Forsaken Emag!

I spent $1400 buck and the Stupid thing does not even work!

Miscue
03-05-2002, 06:46 PM
Dude, that sucks. Just RMA it and they'll send you a new one.

MikeCouves
03-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
Dude, that sucks.

Couldn't have said it better myself ;).

jarvisthemonkey
03-06-2002, 03:27 PM
And number 3 bolt is in the mail...
Complimant of the "Mad" AGD tech:p

Anyone know if I would have any problem if I threw a regulat Mag boltin my SFL emag? Like an ANS venturi?
Would it work right?

Omicron
03-06-2002, 05:22 PM
Don't get a venturi bolt...they are not made to AGD specs and will wear out faster.

Use the stock emag bolt (if it came with one), I'm not very familiar with SFL's, I just know that they look cool :D

Too bad I can't afford one :rolleyes:

PyRo
03-06-2002, 05:35 PM
What probably happend is first you got the 1 out of every so many bolts that is defective (happens with everything, not everything comming off the line is perfect).
You may have gotten an Extreem bolt by mistake for the new one, it has happend before.

headcase
03-06-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
What probably happend is first you got the 1 out of every so many bolts that is defective (happens with everything, not everything comming off the line is perfect).
You may have gotten an Extreem bolt by mistake for the new one, it has happend before.

I sure HOPE he got an Extreme bolt since is has an SFL! :P

PyRo
03-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Ok, they accidently sent him the bolt for the type of e-mag which he did not have. That better?

jarvisthemonkey
03-06-2002, 09:57 PM
They sent me the BIG one, or the screwed up one. I just one that works.
Question? If the End of the Extreme is bigger how does it fir into smaller barrels? My understanding is that Mag bolts slide slightly into the base of teh barrel, if it is bigger how is it suppose to fit into small bore barrels?:confused:

headcase
03-06-2002, 10:18 PM
On normal Mags the bolt is right around .675 or maybe a little smaller so that it will fit into a barrel without a problem.

I'm not sure about the extremes but since the ball no longer fall directly into the barrel, I don't THINK that the bolt has to go into the barrel anymore. It just has to clear the feed tube.

Hopefully someone else will know for sure.

headcase
03-06-2002, 10:20 PM
On second though, since the barrel holds the breech in place, the bolt has to go into the barrel. Or at least I think it does.

jarvisthemonkey
03-06-2002, 10:50 PM
So with that being so why would AGD want to make the bolt head BIGGER? I mean you go much 0ver .680 your freak is worthless half the time.

BlackVCG
03-07-2002, 12:07 AM
Here's the deal. The SFL you bought has the Superbolt that had problems with cracking at the tip. All you need to do is send it in to AGD for an updated one and they'll put a new sleeve on it and a foamie and it will be fine.

On the Xtremes/SFL's, the bolt does not go into the barrel so they made it large enough at the tip so that it seals and doesn't have much blowback and is more efficient. That's why there's an Xtreme only Superbolt and one just for regular Mags. The regular Mag one has to be small enough to fit in small bore barrels. There have been some mix ups with people getting Xtreme bolts instead of regular Mag bolts. If you get one and it doesn't fit in your barrel, send it back for the correct one.

jarvisthemonkey
03-07-2002, 03:42 PM
So then BlackVCG what do you think was wrong with bolt number 2 the one that was too big to fit into the hole? I mean this thing just will not fit into the hole (comon problem of mine:D ) So do you think it was just a manufactureer error on that one bolt?

BlackVCG
03-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Possibly. I have no idea. I'd need to see the bolt and compare it to other ones to see what the deal is. Just call up AGD and deal with them.

jarvisthemonkey
03-07-2002, 11:26 PM
Oh I did I am just kind of curious if these are comon problems with the bolt. I am sort of a bolt activist, trying to make sure this horribel fate does not befall otheres, (Cue "Glory Glory Hallaluah singers in background)
I am trying to step up and make sure these horrible bolts do not fall into the hands of our nations young people, make sure that someone is held acountable for these atrocities, and satisfy or nation that justice and bolt design has been perserved for generations to come.

So what do you think do I have a future in politics?:cool:

BEEFYSAUSAGE
03-08-2002, 01:45 AM
yo jarvis i think you have wayyy tooooo much time on your hands...maybe you could take up knitting and make jumpers for all the jumperless people in the world(that`ll keep him busy).
BEEFY.(conspirater of bad bolt manafacturing and bad spelling..)

CHl2IS
03-08-2002, 05:20 PM
Hey, I used to seem to have this same exact problem with my SFL. It feels like it wont go in, but this is how i got it to go in...

you put in the bolt
bolt doesnt wanna go through
you take the valve, and put it behind hte bolt
push in valve, wiggle it around till the bolt goes in

bolt is in

well thats just how i deal with it anyways...

than205
03-10-2002, 10:42 AM
ooooh the "give it a little wiggle" ploy.
Works every time.....;)

minimag187
03-15-2002, 09:05 AM
On SFL emags you have to call AGD and tell them you need an SFL superbolt, currently, they are out of stock.

Justin

jarvisthemonkey
03-15-2002, 09:23 AM
Huh? A little determination and some emry cloth and it fit like a charm. But I will be calling nad asking what is up with the so called SFL bolt. Maybe it is part of our aleged upgrade package???:rolleyes: