PDA

View Full Version : need help real quick so do me a fav and me out with this

-Jôker-
03-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Doin a oral presentation for ROTC need some info for fun so which will it be speedball or wood ball? i know this has been put up hjere before but i dont have time to srearch for it sorry

EnW
03-05-2002, 07:55 PM
hey joker, you play at offlimits?

MAGS own YOU
03-05-2002, 07:55 PM
Speedball is way better than woodsball. I absolutely hate woodsball, its a paint waste.

MagMaster2
03-05-2002, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't put it so harshly. I admit that speedball is more fun. But woodsball can be a lot of fun to but its not as fast as speedball and you have to go find people. (unless you are playing a bunch of newbies) I have played some woods games where I have slaughtered a bunch of newbies because I was the only one who would moove.

Hasty8
03-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by MAGS own YOU
Speedball is way better than woodsball. I absolutely hate woodsball, its a paint waste.

How eloquent. As always, the game is best suited to the individual Mags.

Anyway, I voted for a woods game for your fellow ROTC guys but was sort of torn.

I have no true military experience whatsoever, most of my knowlege is book learned but I did get the opportunity to see a cuople of ROTC groups doing exercises and they seemed to be decidedle more woodball or at least open terrain type exercises.

I would say that speedball mioght be a great way to show them the otherside of the combat field, mainly CQB.

I played at the MOUT game recently and it was totally intense. CQB is definately a gut wrencher.

Havoc_online
03-06-2002, 05:12 PM
speedball is way more action, I think it trains you better as far as paintball combat goes (IMHO).

I'm a speedballer mostly and have gone to 2 24hr. senario woodball games and my kill ratio at both was like 50:1 no joke

boss_automager
03-06-2002, 05:45 PM
If you said this is for school I might say speedball because some people may think that the woods thing means snipers which is bad

-Jôker-
03-06-2002, 08:36 PM
yea this is for high school JROTC thanks guys

mods you can go ahead and close or delete this thread if yall would like

Hasty8
03-08-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
speedball is way more action, I think it trains you better as far as paintball combat goes (IMHO).

I'm a speedballer mostly and have gone to 2 24hr. senario woodball games and my kill ratio at both was like 50:1 no joke

Most firefights, in real combat, accoring to my research on it tend to last for short periods of time. What feels like hours can be 20 minutes or less.

Speedball uses concepts of team play in CQB scenario which is totally different from the team dynamics used in an open environment.

As to which is better? Depends on the player. I prefer woodball because I like the ability to relly use stealth and the terrain against your opponents.

I love watching, at the start of a round, the newer players (and the speedballers) take the well defined trails. Odds are the other team is doing the exact same thing and the two parties are bound to bump into one another.

I prefer to creep through the brush as quikly as I can and setup a really good ambush position. One time I found this fantastic spot between two trails. Two parties from the same team came along. I was in hiding with my brother and his friend. The two parties were traveling in opposite directions and because of the terrain never relly saw each other.

My squad opened up on both of them for like two seconds and then ducked under cover. The two partis started shooting it out, each side lost a few players and then took off in opposite directions.

We giggled our butts off.

Another reason why I prefer woodball over speedball?

I'm a big old pasty butt. I like speedball and now that I'm loosing the weight I'll probably play it more often.

I liken woodball to chess because even though you know what the pieces are capable of you never know exactly what strategy your opponents is going to use. Sppedball is like chekers, there is still strategie but the pieces can do fewer moves. Bad analogy on paper but it's good in my brain.