PDA

View Full Version : High-end markers and CO2??

beam
03-06-2002, 12:04 PM
So, I know that the Automag can use CO2, RT and Emag can't.
Tribal -- no
Impulse -- yes
Shocker -- yes
Rainmaker (don't laugh) -- yes
Cocker -- yes
EM1 -- yes
Intimidator -- yes, but not recommended
Bushmaster -- yes, but not recommended
Angel -- no
Matrix -- yes
Defiant -- yes

Any others that I didn't list?

Thanks. :)

Predater
03-06-2002, 12:30 PM
angel is nitro only. dont know about the rest

beam
03-06-2002, 01:01 PM
Thanks...anyone know about the others?

headcase
03-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by beam
So, I know that the Automag can use CO2, RT and Emag can't.
Tribal -- no
Impulse -- yes
Shocker -- yes
Rainmaker (don't laugh) -- yes
Cocker -- yes
EM1 -- yes
Intimidator -- ??? Yes
Bushmaster -- ??? Yes
Angel -- no
Matrix -- ???
Defiant -- ??? Yes

Any others that I didn't list?

Thanks. :)

The Intimidator, Bushmaster, Defiants can be run on CO2, you just have to be careful to keep the liquid out of the marker. I've run a Timmy and a Bushy on CO2 using a PPS Female stab, and an anti-siphon CO2 bottle without any problems.

LaW
03-06-2002, 01:29 PM
bushy's can run co2 but is not recommended and timmy's will run on co2, matrix will run co2... defiant would be the same as the bushy so that covers your list :) the reason running co2 on a bushmaster or defiant is not recommended is that it will most likely freeze the orings very quickly

MagmanLee
03-06-2002, 02:15 PM
Yes i would agree that most of those guns CAN run off of CO2, but i would not reconmend it. Most CO2 is mass filled in huge tanks that are gased to smaller fill stations and there is alot of dirt, grim, and sometimes flakes off of the insides of the big tanks themselves. Read some pball gun manuals and it will tell u NOT to run off of CO2, i mean if u spend $400+ on a good marker...don't u want to take good care of it? I'm switching my mag to nitro soon, i've heard that it increases consistancy, gets u more shots out of a nitro tank than a CO2, and it's cleaner. When i clean my mag after a game some parts of it have grim on the internals, while my friend's bushy w/ N2 is clean. My advice is if ur getting a good gun, go the extra distance and get a nitro system for it. It's well worth the cost.
Sorry for taking so long.

beam
03-06-2002, 02:15 PM
Cool and thanks!! That's a lot more than I thought. I thought most of those were not CO2 friendly.

Maybe there are some other high-end markers I left out?

headcase
03-06-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by LaW
bushy's can run co2 but is not recommended and timmy's will run on co2, matrix will run co2... defiant would be the same as the bushy so that covers your list :) the reason running co2 on a bushmaster or defiant is not recommended is that it will most likely freeze the orings very quickly

Only if you get liquid into it. I never had any shootdown, or strange leaking problems that could have been because of frozen o-rings. In fact I didn't have any problems running CO2 on it.