PDA

View Full Version : Two guns off of a tank?

Dayspring
03-06-2002, 01:18 PM
I'm looking into setting up a sidearm system. (Think Desperado with the two guns popping out of his sleeves) Is it possible to run two remotes off the same tank? If so, what kind of attachments would be needed?

MagmanLee
03-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Hmmm...well i've never heard or seem a tank supplying air to 2 diff guns AT THE SAME TIME. It seem pretty difficult b/c i don't think u'll have enough tank presure for both. Anyways if ur thinking about a pistol for a sidearm u would almost have to run it off the little 15g CO2 cartiges for compactness. If u want double pistols check out the PT Xtreme, they run about $100 each and u can get leg hoster straps for $18 each.

jah871
03-06-2002, 02:33 PM
just put one c02 tank in the regular sport and the other one in a tube slot or you could sew on another pouch to hold another tank.

synreal
03-06-2002, 02:42 PM
you should be able to find an all around female 'y' or 't' pipe coupler, just check out the plumbing section at your local home improvement shop.

flow rate might be an issue, but i doubt you are going to be firing 2 pistols quicker than people put rounds through electros.

in the end running a short piece of stainless (under 6") from your tank (on your back) to a 't' coupler that feeds two coiled remote hoses that run to your sidearms would probably be your best bet. good luck.

Butterfingers
03-06-2002, 02:42 PM
yeah it will work, just get the appropriate fittings.

Thordic
03-06-2002, 02:52 PM
Just get a double-tapped vertical adapter. Bang, problem solved :)

legion
03-06-2002, 03:26 PM
Sounds pretty cool, post pictures if you get it working!

Havoc_online
03-06-2002, 04:09 PM
double-tapped vertical adapter is the best idea

do NOT use anything from a plumbers store(or any other store) that looks good without making sure you know it's pressure tolerances. You don't want a cheap adapter that'll blow up in your face.

PyRo
03-06-2002, 06:16 PM
I have seen adapters that split an ss hose 3 ways. If you could find one of those, you wuold be set. Or else just run 12gram in each gun.

bjjb99
03-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Put your tank in a pouch on your belt/back. Attach a KAPP k2 Drop Zone on/off tank adapter to your tank. On each of this on/off's two exit ports, attach a 90 degree elbow and a quick disconnect fitting. Run remote hoses from these two fittings up to the two guns.

There are some on/off adapters out there that are tri-ported, so if you were really ambitious you could run dual remotes and still have a place for a gauge. ;)

BJJB

Psychedelic
04-30-2002, 10:24 PM
I am lookin into setting up 2 pistols like that too... There are fittings you can buy to split the line into 2, but i still don't know if there will be enough pressure. I am alos lookin for a feeder that fits on your back like a backpack where the balls fed through a tube. I know Zap is workin on one right now, but im sure there is one out there already. If anyone knows what it is it would really help me