PDA

View Full Version : Decided to keep cocker, gonna keep upgrading, you opinions wanted...

InfinatyBPS
03-06-2002, 07:09 PM
Well had a hard time selling my cocker because It had more value to me than what I could sell it for.
Well right now it has this:

Green ANS Quick fire Frame
Green ANS Gen X regulator
Dye SS 12"
Dye Sticky grips
PMI Perfect Drop

Well I'm not realy happy with the performance cause I know it could be better, so I relized why I want a cocker, to make it the way I want. So this is what I am going to do it, in order of when I plan to purchase...

- Green Shocktech Front Block kit(just ordered it)
- MacDev Valve and hammer kit(http://www.macdev.net/prod37.htm)
- MacDev Ying Yang Bolt(http://www.macdev.net/prod37.htm)
- 12v X-board revvy clear or green
- Green 10 or 12" CP barrel
- Kapp Green Ball Detent
- KAPP TWISTED COCKING ROD
- KAPP BEAVERTAIL
AND SOME DAY I WILL PROBABLY GET A VERT FEED BODY KIT OR SOMTHING SORRY FOR CAPS HAVING FILTER KEYS PROBLEMS> WELL TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ANY SUGGESTIONS< AND I LIKE MY FRAME VERY SMOOTH AND SHORT DO DONT TELL ME A HINGE< THANKS>>>

boss_automager
03-06-2002, 07:33 PM
Hmmmmmmm.... Have you thought about the Centerflag electrococker grip?

hubadlatimmy
03-06-2002, 11:14 PM
1. shocktech superfly bolt not macdev

2. did you order a complete front block kit or just a block, if it was just a block invest in a bomb 3-way it will allow you to get your pull much shorter

3. shocktech timing rod-such an improvement and only $12.50

basically all shocktech parts in my opinion.

Muzikman
03-06-2002, 11:36 PM
-Palmer Front Block
-AKA Lighting Bolt

Yeah I know, you already bought your dront block, but you asked for opionions.

liigod
03-07-2002, 01:14 AM
palmer front block
aka lightning bolt

i agree tis the best u can get.

InfinatyBPS
03-07-2002, 02:59 AM
arg, guys already got the front block kit, not gonna get another one, I dont like palmers, front block kits, good reg, umm thats about it. And superfly bolts have alot of blowback. Also don't want an electro cocker, I like it regular. But I probably shouldn't have asked for opinions lol, cause with cockers everyone has a different preference, and this one happens to be mine, but hey just wondering what you guys think. And I might look into the lighting bolt but I like the derlin face of the ying yang, and I heard they are realy nice, my friend who has a lightning is thinking of selling to get a Ying Yang.

hubadlatimmy
03-07-2002, 09:57 AM
the superfly is all delrine, and I am running one on my cocker now without any problems

torment
03-07-2002, 10:59 AM
I say get a Dye pivot trigger. i have one on my dark cocker and it looks and feels dead sexy.

Cliffio
03-07-2002, 11:14 AM
1. save money
2. buy race frame
3. shoot everybody
4. smile

media
03-07-2002, 11:18 AM
Go to akalmps website. They make a delrin lightning bolt for 2000 and later autococker bodies and it's damn nice. It will drop your operating pressure over a stock bolt (something that the supafly did not do when I used it).

If you get the mac dev valve and hammer, give a little feedback on what you think of it and what kind of operating pressure you get on the lp reg and valve. I'm considering purchasing it. I'm curious what kind operating pressure range you can get from it. I like the idea of being able to run lower cocking pressure and getting the operating pressure down around 260-300psi, but most low pressure cocker setups take it much lower than that which I don't care for.

soilent green
03-07-2002, 11:52 AM
It sounds like a nice gun I have found that some of the upgrades that are out there make little improvment so if you don't already have a revvy you should get one or the the X board if you got an old revvy their only like $20 my freind got one on his real old revvy (when brass just took over VL) he said it makes a huge difference I personnaly like ajustable output tanks if you don't have one try and get one but it shure sounds like a nice gun

Nitroduck
03-07-2002, 12:01 PM
What do you want to improve on the gun? All the parts you are putting on it aren't really going to do much of anything.

What do you want to increase preformance on? Accuracy? Get a nice barrel, the DYE SS is great, make sure you use good paint. Shots per fill? Buy a AKA Tornado valve.

Personally, I woulda just sold the cocker and bought a pre-built one or built my own...Simply because if I had to get another cocker to build, RF would be my last pic....Prices on RFs are continously going down.

InfinatyBPS
03-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Nitroduck
What do you want to improve on the gun? All the parts you are putting on it aren't really going to do much of anything.

What do you want to increase preformance on? Accuracy? Get a nice barrel, the DYE SS is great, make sure you use good paint. Shots per fill? Buy a AKA Tornado valve.

Personally, I woulda just sold the cocker and bought a pre-built one or built my own...Simply because if I had to get another cocker to build, RF would be my last pic....Prices on RFs are continously going down.

I am pretty much building a custom cocker, just I am using the old parts because I am going to upgrade gradualy because I still wonna be able to play, if I were to custom build I would have to wait forever to play and I wouldnt be able to even test it. Accuracy is good with the Dye SS. Here is what I am buying the parts for...

- Green Shocktech Front Block kit(just ordered it)- smoother amd shorter trigger pull, adjustable front reg, and looks nicer than stock.
- MacDev Valve and hammer kit- I would like to go LP and the valve is high flow and the hammer is heavier than most, and it comes with springs and stuff.(http://www.macdev.net/prod37.htm)
- MacDev Ying Yang Bolt(http://www.macdev.net/prod37.htm)- Derlin so should help out the kick(not sure but if it dosent, I wont mind) and its higher flow for LP and I have heard good things about them.
- 12v X-board revvy clear or green - well mostly beacuse, I dont enjoy chopping balls when I fan.
- Green 10 or 12" CP barrel - For bigger sized paints cause even regular PMI is kinda tight in the SS
- Kapp Green Ball Detent - Stock one is nasty looking and scratched.
- KAPP TWISTED COCKING ROD - Looks cool also hehehe
- KAPP BEAVERTAIL - the one i have now dosen't even fit
with my frame.
- KAPP 15* asa - Looks cool and makes the reg like a Z-Forgrip.

Later on I will buy some kind of body kit. Or a vert feed body and get it milled and anoed. So after I am done with the cocker there will be pretty much nothing stock on it.

InfinatyBPS
03-07-2002, 11:07 PM
oh ya, just to let u guys know, i will prolly buy a mag as a backup to this, hehehe.