Palmer Reg.
Dye Boomstick
Galactic Systemz Z-Body
Bulldog Nitro 68CI/3000 PSI
12v Veiwloader Hopper

Let Me Know what Ya Think !!!

SlipknotX556
03-06-2002, 09:56 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!, you shoot with the Z body yet?? cuz i am a backman on team and my bro says i need a z body. Does it help with making the paintball go a further distance?

Thanks, AGAIN NICE GUN!

blembiggity
03-06-2002, 10:03 PM
i hope u know that the boomy is a small bore barell and the z body (has) to have a big bore for the spin feature to work. i shoot with a z body and i have the z barell. it is one of the biggest bore sizes out there. i think it is the biggest. i get alot more range with the bigger bore than my boomy. i have a boomy, yes im not just talking out of my u know what. just my opinion, for better range get a bigger barell.

Muzikman
03-06-2002, 10:29 PM
Why do you have a Reg on a system that is running N2? You do realize you now have a 3 stage reg system on that gun?

SingleShotFausto
03-06-2002, 10:30 PM
Yes It gives me better range however I chop a few Balls from time to time...Im sure Its because of the Dye Boom(Could Be Wrong).....Yes Its true I need a big bore Barrel I'm thinking of the Z-barrel Or Lapco BigShot....Anyother Barrel's worth looking at? Please Let me know...

Many Thanks In Advanced !!!

zads27
03-06-2002, 10:42 PM
Yeah, there's the boomy thing and the triple reg.. but:

DAMN, It be sexy.

Havoc_online
03-06-2002, 10:43 PM
Why do you have a Reg on a system that is running N2? You do realize you now have a 3 stage reg system on that gun?

it's not a retro, he could be going lower pressure....

PAINTBALLA01
03-06-2002, 10:52 PM
that thing looks very nice

Muzikman
03-06-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online

it's not a retro, he could be going lower pressure....

What does that have to do with anything? Even in a classic you want to run at least 600PSI into the gun. You could not get the PSI spread between the regs far enough that you would not be potentially starving the gun.

I think a nice chrome gas-thru grip would be a better choice.

tysonmachado
03-07-2002, 12:59 AM
That is a pretty nice looking set up! I've got a friend with an ELCD on his mag and that thing rips! I've also got a friend with one on his Pirahna. I can usually tell where the two of them are by the distinctive sound of full-auto or three shot burst.

Manuel_FZR
03-07-2002, 03:37 AM
That looks verry nice ... congrats!

SingleShotFausto
03-07-2002, 07:20 AM
I have the gun running at 750PSI....It's shoot's fine...the only problem I have is that I chop balls from time to time...I'm more than sure I know why this is happening.....It all has to do with the ball coming out of the Z-body going into the Dye Boom stick(Small Bore Barrel)....I need a larger Bore Barrel, At least I think thats the problem...Think about it...The ball needs the larger Bore barrel because of the back spin that the Z-body creates...So think about it...Its trying to Push through this tight path & the Darn thing is also an 18" barrel...Two wrongs are not gonna make it right...I know I Know your asking then why did u buy it???? Well, At the time I thought "Hell If I have The Z-Body & A Long Barrel I'll have The Best Range", I brought it without doing ALL(Keyword) my research...With a larger Bore Barrel I think the Chopping will stop....Then I'll Have A Kick @ss Automag!!!

Please Write Back if Im wrong.....

And if I'm right please recommend A Barrel...I have my eyes set on the Z-Barrel Made By http://www.galacticz.com/ or the Lapco Bigshot...

Please give me your Recommendation's ..

Again as always Many Thanks In Advanced !!!

soilent green
03-07-2002, 12:16 PM
the chopping is probably due to the ball detent or the p/f I like it it looks cool I had a booyahh but I just took it off in favor of a retro valve and Z grip

personman
03-07-2002, 12:21 PM
Well, there is a barrel that is a mix between those 2.
Lapco presents the.... Z barrel??
http://g3pb.com/product_images/barrels/barrel_z_alum.html
Heh..

TheTramp
03-07-2002, 01:58 PM
Mmmmmmm.....Shiny.

Looks great.

blembiggity
03-07-2002, 02:12 PM
trust me man u want the z barell. it is soooo sweet. i have had it almost a year now and i have maybe chopped 5 balls, and thats playing almost every weekend. i would however sugest going with the retro if u have the boo yaahframe because of the recharge time u need with that frame. thats just my opinion. yes that is why u are chopping balls so often. i was frustrated with my z body at first and thought what a piece of crap i just bought but with a new barell u will fall in love.

Thordic
03-07-2002, 02:14 PM
I'd ditch the reg, or at least dump the guts into your toolbox as long as its on the mag.

Triple regging a mag is like begging for shootdown, especially with an electronic trigger.

I'm amazed you havn't noticed shootdown problems already due to air starvation.

Cliffio
03-07-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
I'd ditch the reg, or at least dump the guts into your toolbox as long as its on the mag.

Triple regging a mag is like begging for shootdown, especially with an electronic trigger.

I'm amazed you havn't noticed shootdown problems already due to air starvation.

i agree

SingleShotFausto
03-07-2002, 02:59 PM
On the Galactic Web site they have a picture of an automag with a Hard line hose from The valve to the Gas Handle...http://www.galacticz.com/ where can I find a Hard Line for My Automag just like the one in that site???

TylerDurden
03-07-2002, 04:01 PM
put it away... The glare is blinding me. hehe. Purty.

boss_automager
03-07-2002, 05:42 PM
WOW! I like it cool CHROME,pretty. Oops must have gotten caught in a trance,happens when I see awesome guns. You got speed and looks,:eek: nuff said

My bad I was to busy thinking about shooting people with it to mention accuracy....Pretty,DANG IT!

MikeCouves
03-07-2002, 07:58 PM
Ahhhh my eyes, that thing is so ugl...whoa! PURDY!! Lol nice!

GallagherAtWar
03-07-2002, 08:58 PM
NICE GUN looks great. does the z body help? is it worth $250?

and i want a hard line thing thats on the web site too so some 1 post were i can get 1

chri$

Predater
03-07-2002, 09:09 PM
that hard line looks like the Venom/Toxic Toys hard line. im not sure thow because its ben a while since i saw one.

SingleShotFausto
03-07-2002, 10:42 PM
This is the Right Side of My Gun....I like the way it looks...I think it gives it a Futuristic look...It really Does nothing for Performance...Its just for Looks....Thought you guys ought to take a look !!!

clanger
03-08-2002, 01:35 AM
das ist pimp gun!

deutsche!

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-08-2002, 02:04 AM
ok few comments bla bla bla. first off, shiney!!

now, i've always heard triple reg'ing the mag is bad. so i got so tired of hearing this, i tested it out, sort of. i took my adjustable hyperflow tank(1 reg), put it to palmer stabilzer set at about 750(2 regs), led that to a stock cocker inline that's set to about 650(3 regs), then led that to my automag(4 regs). that's right, 4 regs, took it to my backyard and let her rip. yeah it was annoying to hold, but wanted to see. i probably shot about 100 rounds with maybe 10 round burst probably no more than 4-5bps. i didn't notice any shootdown. not to mention i dry fired it quite a few times and didn't hear or feel any shootdown. i don't know about you guys, but i think it might be something else causing this, it could be me though, i don't know.

and not sure, never really kept track, but putting a reg on a mag and dropping the pressure has benefits. like i said, i never kept track, but i remember puting a reg on a mag and dropping the pressure to about 700(from 850) and going to play a full day of paintball(about 1000 rounds). i finished all my paint and i think i had 1500 psi in my tank(68cu 4500 max flow). i could be wrong about the amount of air, but i remember having more air than i usually would on a day like that.

i don't own a zbody and i never really tried it out, but from what i've been told and from the one person that i know that uses one, all a small bore barrel will do is kill the backspin. what might be preventing your chops is the thing that produces the backspin is in to far. but logically, i would think that a smaller barrel wouldn't really make it chop, it would just stop the spinning. again, i've never owned one and i don't know for fact, basically just my opinion.

slipknott- i've seen you post this question before, if you're planning on starting some tournies, the worst thing you can do to yourself is have something with backspin. sure it'll give you some good range(75% of the time), but it kills your accuracy(most of the time) and as a back player, you need the accuracy. besides, the increased range isn't going to really benefit you on the small feilds that the majority of tournies are held on. just have good paint to barrel match, and you'll be fine.

soilent green
03-08-2002, 11:10 AM
it won't cause shootdown until very highrates of fire and the stab recharges very fast much faster than the AIR valve reg

bushjumper
03-08-2002, 11:25 AM
Before I got my RetroValve, I had the same setup as this guy. I had a screw in tank at 850psi, running into a stock cocker reg which was set at about 700 psi, into the automag valve. It did wonders for consistency and it gave me a foregrip. I never ONCE had a problem with shootdown, no matter how fast I pulled the trigger. Maybe with a Boo-Yah frame he MIGHT notice a problem, but I doubt it.

Of course, now that I have the Retro, I replaced the preset tank with a flatline, and the front reg with a gas through.

BDA
03-08-2002, 04:55 PM
If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the gun and how has it performed for you? any problems with it?

SingleShotFausto
03-08-2002, 06:09 PM
I brought it custom made from Skanline.com I told them what I wanted on the PBGun, and they went ahead and made it the way I wanted it....However they should've told me that the Dye Boom stick was not the right Barrel for this Paintball Gun....As for how it performs I think its great, except that I break Balls, could be the barrel; could be the paint, but nothing major...I still have fun when I go...I think thats the most important thing....

It should always be about having Fun !!!

:p :p :p

BDA
03-08-2002, 06:15 PM
very kewl, so it is a "Custom" made to order gun, i didn't know people wanted to customize those guns they sell anymore, since they have so much already. good to know that they are open to custom things i guess ;)

fearc7
03-08-2002, 08:06 PM
are z-bodies alumminum?