PDA

View Full Version : Diff. between Regular E-Mag and SFL E-MAG. From the board firmware to the gun itself?

Jason Reed
03-07-2002, 12:33 AM
I was just curious because I want to buy one and don't know what to get, I would perfer the one that shoots the most balls a second. Or fastest rate of fire. I f some one could tell me every little difference that would be great.
Thanks,
Jason

BlackVCG
03-07-2002, 12:49 AM
On the new firmware for ACE support, they set the max ROF limiter in E-Mode to 24bps. Granted no one can really pull 16bps let alone 24bps, it's more of a "my gun is maxed out at 24bps instead of 16bps." I'm pretty sure burst modes are still maxed at 9bps.

The other benefits of the Xtreme/SFL is the ACE, aluminum mainbody, cocker threads and the fact that it will have some design changes that make it break less paint than just about any other gun. The last 3-4 months at AGD have been spent on researching how to make the Xtreme the easiest on paint as possible. The Xtreme will be the first to have these new upgrades and then there will possibly be upgrades in the future for current Mags. Don't ask anymore about this because I won't say or I don't know.

Load SM5
03-07-2002, 12:25 PM
All correct except there are no burst modes.

56kSomeGuy
03-07-2002, 02:19 PM
Why take out the burst modes?? Isen't that what makes ppl want to but electros?

BlackVCG
03-07-2002, 02:39 PM
Well, well... finally they remove the burst modes. I would imagine to free up some memory for the ACE support and maybe other things. In all honesty burst modes are used very rarely by anyone. They're capped out at 9bps so just about anyone can fire in semi-mode faster than burst modes. If you buy an electro just for the different firing modes, you're really missing the point.

Hysperion
03-07-2002, 02:40 PM
No, people want electros so a complete firing action is performed on every pull....ex: with a cocker or rt if you dont pull and release the trigger all the way on every pull you will short stroke and the gun will cough. With an electro you either shoot or don't shoot....this coupled with the ACE on the Sfl/extreme reduces the amount of times you chop a ball.....if it were up to me, full auto, turbo, and all burst modes would be taken off of all electro guns....fields don't allow them because they can't get insurance so why have them?
reason: so some newb can say my gun's got full auto does yours?

Hysperion
03-07-2002, 02:41 PM
and also I wonder how fast the average person actually can pull an e-trigger....people like to say 12-13 my guess is it is probably more like 7-8 bps....

headcase
03-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Well I've kept up an average of 7 bps for 3 min in electro mode with no air. But I can only reach 11+ by fanning my trigger.